The Democratic Republic of Lakon-oui is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Président Jacquemin with an even hand, and notable for its smutty television, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 2.617 billion Lakonnards have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Khan City. The average income tax rate is 73.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Lakon-ouian economy, worth 278 trillion lakoes a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Furniture Restoration, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 106,475 lakoes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
The incidence of wrist sprains is falling, the price of freedom is about half a million lakoes, home renovation shows are increasingly popular, and neon signs promoting safe driving often distract drivers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lakon-oui's national animal is the Tigre, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Le vide.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lakon-oui was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Lakon-oui was endorsed by The Republic of United Citizens.
- : Lakon-oui was endorsed by The Tsardom of Nadarena.
- : Lakon-oui was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Following new legislation in Lakon-oui, neon signs promoting safe driving often distract drivers.
- : Following new legislation in Lakon-oui, home renovation shows are increasingly popular.
- : Lakon-oui was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport, Highest Average Tax Rates, and Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Following new legislation in Lakon-oui, the price of freedom is about half a million lakoes.
- : Following new legislation in Lakon-oui, the incidence of wrist sprains is falling.
- : Following new legislation in Lakon-oui, the military recognizes no difference between male and female soldiers.
Endorsements Received: 58 » Veterans Association, In Insulam Autem Sanguis Et Magia, Hizuru, Debluu, Aquyia, East Malaysia, The Three States of Fortuna, Eastern Alksearia, Axdel, A mean old man, New Leganes, Aivintis, Modra, Enlil, Kangarawa, Brotherland, Albrook, Canadian Technocrats, Dragons Blood, From New World, Spiruvania, VW53Aland, BearStackof2015, Sandboxford, Arcadiam, Evrigenis, Agave, Mardom, Konneticut, Federated States of Zootron, Kaigi, Adavan, Talitoa, Republic of Restaks, Preat, Rikos Isles, Slys Paws, Kingdom of Hapsteld, The 7th Coalition of Alba, Nevertopia, Tassirion, Harro Waarudho, The Marlands, Dragonia, Remsleep, Merlovich, The Wallenburgian World Assembly Offices, Nociav, Black Dragon Imperium, Isole Ionie, and 8 others.Kond Mex Ethostorgel, Ignorantum, Ridann, Lyonea, Chalan, Santa Dystopia, Nadarena, and United Citizens.