The Last Bastion of Civilization of Lacuna is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Leader with a fair hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, soft-spoken computers, and compulsory vegetarianism. The compassionate, democratic population of 20.905 billion Lacunians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Healthcare, and Administration also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lacuna City. The average income tax rate is 87.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Lacunan economy, worth a remarkable 3,097 trillion Naughts a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 148,168 Naughts, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region, ignorance is considered a politically desirable quality, traveller camps regularly block five-lane superhighways, and it's believed that women's brains will overheat if they think for themselves. Crime is totally unknown. Lacuna's national animal is the Bat, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lacuna was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Lacuna was endorsed by The Queendom of Dolorado.
- : Lacuna was endorsed by The Republic of United Kolane.
- : Following new legislation in Lacuna, it's believed that women's brains will overheat if they think for themselves.
- : Following new legislation in Lacuna, traveller camps regularly block five-lane superhighways.
- : Following new legislation in Lacuna, ignorance is considered a politically desirable quality.
- : Following new legislation in Lacuna, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region.
- : Lacuna was endorsed by The Empire of Arnefol.
- : Lacuna was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Lacuna was endorsed by The Free Land of Rog Mily.
Endorsements Received: 64 » Iontan, Tzo, Anollasia, Blogotopia, Grungerock, Dustwind, Ironica Butterfly, Zeganas, Maalemzya, Wysrod, The Soylent Green Party, Karlando, Seantonia, Calachia, The Snake Brotherhood, Vivolkha, Dovant, Ferte, Free Land of Rebellium, Yakkandiania, The Republic of Osea, Medetas, Evertopia, Mastodonia, Namakan, Kachikawawa, Liberdon, Zeklandia, Maconshinbernititte, Holma, Krystalveil, Samonaemia, Grimmywelsh, Stroulia, Faradova, Violent Trees, Xanthorrhoea, Selu-Ahare, Katitania, Macrasetia, Coldian, Denadamelada, Breosia, The Galactic American Imperium, The Democratic State Of Josora, Savveria, United States of Island land, Kaprein, Ilfarasia, Geonomia, and 14 others.Bondgalm, Solsevara, Alathria, Greater Theowherveld, Markanite, Second Peenadian, DetroitSmash, Jaegerpondonia, Phello, Caribbia, Rog Mily, Arnefol, United Kolane, and Dolorado.