|Leader||King Koko B Ware|
The Kingdom of Kokomo Island is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by King Koko B Ware with an iron fist, and notable for its state-planned economy, free-roaming dinosaurs, and unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 7.86 billion Kokomo Islandians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kokomo. The average income tax rate is 28.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Kokomo Islandian economy, worth a remarkable 1,613 trillion Kokoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, fairly diversified black market in Information Technology, Tourism, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 205,279 Kokoes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Immigrant herding has become a national pastime, criminals lock themselves in their mums' basements to avoid prison, Kokomo Islandian tourists are banned from many nations due to their tendency to randomly explode, and park rangers struggle to deal with a rash of stolen pic-a-nic baskets. Crime is totally unknown. Kokomo Island's national animal is the Pug, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Kokothism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Kokomo Island, park rangers struggle to deal with a rash of stolen pic-a-nic baskets.
- : Following new legislation in Kokomo Island, Kokomo Islandian tourists are banned from many nations due to their tendency to randomly explode.
- : Following new legislation in Kokomo Island, criminals lock themselves in their mums' basements to avoid prison.
- : Kokomo Island was endorsed by The Done DEal of IsiMUd.
- : Following new legislation in Kokomo Island, immigrant herding has become a national pastime.
- : Following new legislation in Kokomo Island, where there's a will there is usually a password manager.
- : Following new legislation in Kokomo Island, internet moderator is one of the most popular jobs among the nation's more socially awkward citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Kokomo Island, arthritic citizens seem underrepresented at royal meet-and-greets.
- : Following new legislation in Kokomo Island, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas.
- : Following new legislation in Kokomo Island, mining is the nation's most dangerous occupation.
Endorsements Received: 182 » Pallaith, Siwale, Buckerino, Great Bights Mum, Yaorozu, Corfad, Koda-Land, Sunto, Kylesburgh, McMasterdonia, Bayern-Straubing, Kwaj, Notyoutopia, PlanetPunk, Mzeusia, Territorio di Nessuno, Shibutani, Shadowrik, Shin-Hachioji, Victoriaans Nederlands, Unimaginable Doom, THX1138, Selfgradatude, Sil Dorsett, Former English Colony, Wineclaw, Universal State Formula, Frances Francis the First of France, Albacria, Highton Islands, Holy Oranz, Californian Redwood, Apetopia, Empy, Malta Comino Gozo, United Draconia, Tredano, Municipality of Baria and Vungtau, Q w e r t y, Pleroma Sans Romans, Whereisthatistan, Unsophisticate, Racoda, Sacrento, The Gamer Party, Sanjurika, Suicidistan, Diodone, Thoets, Atain, and 132 others.Zeternia, Sundred, Gladio II, SORT, Zokk, Guslantis, Ethnon, The United States of Romania, Kulgatha, Wodan, Maott, Sea Ghost, Moubarakistan, Ice and Tinian, Eraver, Dicko, Bothia, Arstungry, New Sekai, Lunallian, Xentherida, El Fiji Grande, Choistan, Montarc, Amauri, Revolutionary Sealand, American MapleStory, Kobagia, East Wushen, Misuvelia, Snoodum, Abject Ludicrosity, Dar es Saalam, Abrickhouse, New Trisone, Democritus, Wilkshire, Yarecir, The Iron Lions, Dragonar, The Rhein States, Yukti, The Most Freedom Ever, New Bremerton, Lionia, Valhalla123, New Pruessen, Spartoptia, General COE, The Serdey Islands, Newrun, Newpromisedland, Fun time land of Fun, New Lakemba, National Goats, Votak Matim, Niradans, Napnomadia, Oshonia, Sinelona, Ostrolia, North Bratislava, Vincone Cae, Uganda Knuckles UK, The Windmilluminati, Kasazzastan, Omnistria, Maovale, Sakaryata, Avemterra, Wunderstrafanstalt, Papika, Machendel, Solidair, Cloydicia, Agrauron, Atomic Industry Islands, Dreadton, Daedric Stellar Empire, Sheldanada, Bearical, United North American, The Realm of Dorne, Stat Artha, Ka Ching, Australiland, Democratu, Ninjak30, Federation Terra Australis, Hong Kong Empire, Black Templares, Outer Egorniand, SillyString, The Pantheons, Zumlandia, The South Falls, Partax, New Eleria, Eri-Maqa-Ena, The Black Cathedral, Ethereal Expanse, Grobbillandia, Steraz, Pasargad, The Sinclarian Provinces, COCONUT-CITY, INTEGRAL, Alunya, Adkins Station, Joodey, Ainsworth, Ozstan, Guer Aike, Bridgett, Ieprus, Ara Antrizuls, 1 very fast endotarter, Justanistan, Ladtanderan, Vathekia, Ofemerica, SchoolHouse Rock, Egalico, Tappan Hills, Solmetria, Evetstan, Torakuen, Kyrianian, Warsaw-Halicz, Acrabinnia, Far Easter Republic, and IsiMUd.