The Constitutional Monarchy of Keeping Watch is a massive, efficient nation, notable for its otherworldly petting zoo, pith helmet sales, and ubiquitous missile silos. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 1.671 billion Keeping Watchians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The large government prioritizes Defense, although Education, Law & Order, and Administration are also considered important, while Spirituality and International Aid are ignored. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 39.1%.
The very strong Keeping Watchian economy, worth 76.1 trillion rupees a year, is quite specialized and led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Arms Manufacturing, and Gambling. Average income is 45,548 rupees, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 160,907 per year while the poor average 9,319, a ratio of 17.3 to 1.
Courses in how to boil water are popular for formerly microwave-reliant Keeping Watchians, five-year-olds chanting "Little Miss Muffet" are accused of bullying arachnophobes, the urinary fragrance of seedier establishments is thankfully hidden by the smell of stale smoke, and racial supremacists indulge their wildest fantasies in cinemas and theatres across the nation. Crime, especially youth-related, is relatively low, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Keeping Watch's national animal is the elephant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Keeping Watch resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Keeping Watch's influence in Union of Independent Regions rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : Keeping Watch relocated from Artificial Solar System to Union of Independent Regions.
- : Keeping Watch was endorsed by The Republic of Fandom Outpost 15.
- : Keeping Watch was endorsed by The Queendom of Starlight Glimmer 41.
- : Keeping Watch was endorsed by The Hundred Oaker Forest of Oaks 54.
- : Keeping Watch endorsed The Queendom of Starlight Glimmer 41.
- : Keeping Watch was endorsed by The Republic of Alfonzian Navy Squadron 10.
- : Keeping Watch endorsed The Hundred Oaker Forest of Oaks 54.
- : Keeping Watch was endorsed by The Republic of Quebecshire XXI.