The Republic of Karog is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Bulbolito Bayagbag with an iron fist, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, compulsory military service, and frequent executions. The compassionate, cynical population of 957 million Karogs are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tamod. The average income tax rate is 73.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Karogian economy, worth 51.8 trillion Libags a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Cheese Exports, and Book Publishing. Average income is 54,155 Libags, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Government ministers are regularly seen in the streets confessing their sins and hammering missiles into plow-shares, anti-government web sites are springing up, relations with Dàguó have warmed from frosty to chilly, and 4-year-olds are often found reminiscing about the 'good old days'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Karog's national animal is the Burat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Karog was endorsed by The Democratic Union of New Trisone.
- : Karog was endorsed by The Department of Piura.
- : Karog was endorsed by The Federated Empire of New-Ferytland.
- : Following new legislation in Karog, 4-year-olds are often found reminiscing about the 'good old days'.
- : Following new legislation in Karog, relations with Dàguó have warmed from frosty to chilly.
- : Following new legislation in Karog, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- : Following new legislation in Karog, government ministers are regularly seen in the streets confessing their sins and hammering missiles into plow-shares.
- : Karog endorsed The I Know Best State of United States of Dictators.
- : Karog endorsed The United States of Uttarakhand.
- : Karog was endorsed by The United States of Uttarakhand.
Endorsements Received: 95 » Ayuzhhhhh, Pallaith, Smithsonia, Davidianian, Runeda, Ethnon, Loutsland, Bankowiata, Flandonips, The Rhein States, Aerilia, Omnistria, Orado, Choi Aeguka, Agencourt, Filibustra, Cult of Silence, Segesta, Darkanistan, GrayingOut, Alqaran, Great Bights Mum, Shibutani, New Lakemba, Kandorith, Yaorozu, Corfad, Aenglaland, Wolffoxia, Greater Cesnica, Dreadton, Kwaj, North Bratislava, Elomania, Pinguioris, Koda-Land, Guer Aike, Radicaster, Meadowfields, Etanur, Chipoli, Notyoutopia, New Brazil of South, Hulldom, Hardscrabble, Varisland, Tachycardia, Comar Stafanosa, King Rainbow Cat, Usichsevi, and 45 others.Alpajuli of Ciangsans, Q w e r t y, Hopenadya, The Erie Doctrine, Siwale, Bongo Mountain, The Serdey Islands, Card Kingdom, TheLandOfFunFunFun, Idotistanistan, Tsandonown, Heilhum Imperius, Pazair, Frances Francis the First of France, Former English Colony, Riocht mor Daraen, Scroplia, Kranostav, Liberate World Order, Ardonii, Sojenre, Antipodea and Allies, Selfgradatude, Seanat, Demorth Sarsland, Unshleepd, Ishtimbine, Federation Terra Australis, Sil Dorsett, Regallio, Galbadiana, New Soges, Kaschovia, Kastonvia, The Arverni Lands, Iukatia, Communist Beijing Must be China, FurryFeet, Individualist Catopia, Socialist Industrial Council Republics, Salvo Republic, Uttarakhand, New-Ferytland, Piura, and New Trisone.