The Republic of Kanerland is a huge, safe nation, ruled by Tom brad with an even hand, and notable for its compulsory military service, enslaved workforce, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed population of 823 million Kaners have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Welfare, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rodderdam. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 45.0%.
The powerhouse Kanerlandian economy, worth 72.7 trillion Rodders a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 88,362 Rodders, with the richest citizens earning 8.7 times as much as the poorest.
Streakers swamp all public events in order to bare it all, drugs containing the compound "oleum de serpens" are being sold to cancer patients, shelters struggle to keep up with the endless intake of stray animals, and a widely accepted trade policy is "tit-for-tat". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kanerland's national animal is the Zask, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Kanerland, a widely accepted trade policy is "tit-for-tat".
- : Following new legislation in Kanerland, shelters struggle to keep up with the endless intake of stray animals.
- : Following new legislation in Kanerland, drugs containing the compound "oleum de serpens" are being sold to cancer patients.
- : Following new legislation in Kanerland, streakers swamp all public events in order to bare it all.
- : Kanerland was reclassified from "Moralistic Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Kanerland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Kanerland, the government encourages conflict abroad to increase arms sales.
- : Following new legislation in Kanerland, citizens are prohibited from raising their voice above thirty decibels in commercial districts.
- : Following new legislation in Kanerland, rural communities are all but disenfranchised as politicians focus all their attention on winning the deciding urban votes.
- : Following new legislation in Kanerland, the armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists.
Endorsements Received: 99 » Territorio di Nessuno, Alunya, Papika, El Fiji Grande, Corfad, Shin-Hachioji, The Rhein States, Yaorozu, Ofemerica, Malta Comino Gozo, Uganda Knuckles UK, Great Bights Mum, Sil Dorsett, Kwaj, Joodey, Napnomadia, Maovale, The Black Cathedral, General COE, North Bratislava, Notyoutopia, Sundred, Bayern-Straubing, Tappan Hills, Omnistria, Koda-Land, Dar es Saalam, Cloydicia, Sinelona, Newpromisedland, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Gladio II, New Bremerton, Shadowrik, Victoriaans Nederlands, Ninjak30, Selfgradatude, Maott, Steraz, Buckerino, THX1138, Pallaith, Ainsworth, The Iron Lions, PlanetPunk, Mzeusia, Dreadton, Egalico, United Draconia, Q w e r t y, and 49 others.Federation Terra Australis, Spartoptia, Sunto, Ara Antrizuls, Black Templares, Ozstan, Guer Aike, Lunallian, Abject Ludicrosity, Kasazzastan, Sheldanada, Solmetria, Torakuen, Pasargad, Frances Francis the First of France, Holy Oranz, IsiMUd, Guslantis, The United States of Romania, Niradans, New Pruessen, Sanjurika, Wilkshire, Balimut, Eripolis, The Notorious Mad Jack, Novare Res, Racoda, Ibiscaton, Agrauron, Shibutani, Kirostan, Norostilors, Saturns Edge, Fortnite Eco, Siwale, Misuvelia, SillyString, Wineclaw, Zemnaya Svoboda, Amauri, Peldorn, Jasminlandia, Steampunk Ariel, Plangainer, Haor Chall, Trillius, Ka Ching, and National Goats.