The Empire of Kaascar is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Joseph Solkov with an iron fist, and notable for its aversion to nipples, infamous sell-swords, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 2.025 billion Askians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Education, and Industry are also considered important, while International Aid is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Maural. The average income tax rate is 83.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Kaascarian economy, worth 316 trillion Talans a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, fairly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Trout Farming, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 156,472 Talans, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The working classes live and die on the fields of the farming communes, many politicians are serving jail time for minor drug offenses, bilingual Askians are viewed with suspicion, and foreign lack of enthusiasm for Kaascarian nose-flute disco metal is seen as a reasonable casus belli. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kaascar's national animal is the Scorpion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Orthodox Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kaascar's influence in The Internationale rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Kaascar's influence in The Internationale rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Kaascar's influence in The Internationale rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Kaascar's influence in The Internationale rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in Kaascar, foreign lack of enthusiasm for Kaascarian nose-flute disco metal is seen as a reasonable casus belli.
- : Following new legislation in Kaascar, bilingual Askians are viewed with suspicion.
- : Kaascar relocated from The Communist Bloc to The Internationale.
- : Kaascar's influence in The Communist Bloc rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Kaascar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Kaascar's influence in The Communist Bloc rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".