|Leader||President Theodore Cornwall|
The Federative Republic of Jurti is a massive, genial nation, ruled by President Theodore Cornwall with an even hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, smutty television, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 3.36 billion Jurtians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mauria City. The average income tax rate is 41.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Jurtian economy, worth 471 trillion Reuros a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 140,467 Reuros, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
The latest superhero movie features a caped Maurian Owl with adamantium claws, politicians are fired for opening subjective statements with "I believe", the nation operates a "finders-keepers" policy with other nations' citizens, and the law says it's okay to sell a bomb to a terrorist so long as they promise not to detonate it. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jurti's national animal is the Maurian Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Malirianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jurti was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Jurti, the law says it's okay to sell a bomb to a terrorist so long as they promise not to detonate it.
- : Following new legislation in Jurti, the nation operates a "finders-keepers" policy with other nations' citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Jurti, politicians are fired for opening subjective statements with "I believe".
- : Following new legislation in Jurti, the latest superhero movie features a caped Maurian Owl with adamantium claws.
- : Following new legislation in Jurti, some electoral districts are without a representative as they are stuck with perpetual revotes.
- : Jurti was endorsed by The Republic of Antwerpen1.
- : Jurti was endorsed by The Kingdom of Shadeth.
- : Following new legislation in Jurti, anti-vaxxers claim that injected children are prone to psychotic breaks when they see the 'Queen of Diamonds' playing card.
- : Following new legislation in Jurti, inheritance tax has recently been abolished.
Endorsements Received: 82 » Volaworand, Marinho Islands, Amerion, Tepertopia, Aidenfieeld, Phanama, Corgitopiaa, Bawkie, Land Without Shrimp, Bleakfoot, Nowa Europa, PenguinPies, Wehraboos, Farengeto, Ebonhand, Tsunamy, Treir, Holota, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Rebel-topia, Auphelia, Beepee, Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Sandaoguo, NIGHTRAY, Westenhald, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Kaleidescooptopia, Beblahbleblo, Fighting Kawi Ninja, Danily, Holy Free, New Sanet, Anatasha, Drystar, West Pastafaria, Saciu, Damn Frigid Wastelands, Yaravia, Kringalia, Drew Durrnil, The naked people, Darakin, Noimosini, Hanguk-Nippon, Shefino, Arvan Irawer, Gonrati, Immund, and 32 others.Cereskia 2, Arscanesia, The Haughtherlands, Achemar, Kanatian Percocet, Sou Avida, Eleuthelrium, A Place Somewhere, Makinius, Willing Mind, Ever Testing, Erstavik, Castraebar, Donat Invadia, Doge Land, Sedunn, Zataras, Ostavaria, Flumenvallis, Esterwood, Leimarite Empire, Froshar, Chernaya Zvezda, Prairiegrass, Saint Roberts, The republic of Konsa, Great Lothian, Tyrantistica, Comfed, TescoPepsi, Shadeth, and Antwerpen1.