The People's Republic of JiaYang is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, pith helmet sales, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, cynical population of 936 million JiaYangians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The medium-sized, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Healthcare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Beiyang. The average income tax rate is 49.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient JiaYangian economy, worth 43.9 trillion Yewons a year, is dominated by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 46,943 Yewons, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Divorcees attending custody disputes tend to wear black-and-white zigzag patterns, elected officials often serve for decades in a single term, census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate, and beggars lack pockets for spare change. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. JiaYang's national animal is the Golden Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : JiaYang lodged a message on the Osiris Regional Message Board.
- : JiaYang's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : JiaYang's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : JiaYang's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : JiaYang's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : JiaYang was refounded in Osiris.
- : JiaYang ceased to exist in The South Pacific.
- : JiaYang was endorsed by The Glorious Empire of MilkyWay Republic.
- : JiaYang was endorsed by The Republic of Greater Kingdoms.
- : JiaYang was endorsed by The Arcane Sea Aristocracy of Leimarite Empire.