The Republic of Jarmia is a huge, cultured nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, avant-garde cinema, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 565 million Jarminis are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Great mavasca. The average income tax rate is 48.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Jarmian economy, worth 67.7 trillion Barlacs a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 119,842 Barlacs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Pro-democracy regime change has been avoided, diminutive Jarmian generals are feared for their aggressiveness, people often get liposuction to reduce their air fares, and everyone apparently sends Leader hair-filled lockets, offers to die heroically, and poetic desires to co-parent a child. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jarmia's national animal is the Jarmini eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Jarmia, everyone apparently sends Leader hair-filled lockets, offers to die heroically, and poetic desires to co-parent a child.
- : Following new legislation in Jarmia, people often get liposuction to reduce their air fares.
- : Jarmia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens and Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Following new legislation in Jarmia, diminutive Jarmian generals are feared for their aggressiveness.
- : Following new legislation in Jarmia, pro-democracy regime change has been avoided.
- : Following new legislation in Jarmia, expensive lawyers are hired to defend citizens in court for public urination charges against their pets.
- : Following new legislation in Jarmia, children often explain to their parents that the Mega Ultimate Sword Fist was worth the thousand-Barlac charge on their phone bill.
- : Following new legislation in Jarmia, cleaners are very careful not to bump into the big red button on Leader's desk.
- : Jarmia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector and Most Corrupt Governments and the Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry and Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Jarmia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
Endorsements Received: 65 » The Champions League, Troltovia, Northern German Federation, Thracia Republic, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Swillinia, Yahlia, Saint Domingo, Jim the Baptist, St Scarlett, Irminsulia, Lovisa, The New Nordic Union, Novo Portugal, Permorania, Nardin, Dark Matter, Outer Sparta, Aura Banitia, Free Furentenia, Wombelland, The Kingdom of Denmark, Pydrus, Socialist Balkans, WaffleEmpire, Republic of Satherland, Slavorussia, Supcotia, The Seven Provinces, Estonesia, An Clar, Bahnhofstrasse, Stromia, Viciebskaja, Old Katy, Mantcor, Imperium Anglorum, Walfo, North of Americas, Parliamentary Laramidia, Fearann nan Albannaich, Regnum Italiae, Porury, Greate San Marino, The Mongol Plain, Pazano, Lord Sapre, Pilipinas and Malaya, Enway, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, and 15 others.Apabeossie, Einswenn, The Greater Eastern Republic, Feria-Alkaline, Alsted, Drew Durrnil, Shagolaa, Mallesia, Elitestland, Sienkahn, The Fair Republic, Rijland, GanymedEuropa, Legique, and Kanokla.