The United Socialist States of Itilien is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 415 million Itiliens are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Isgilit. The average income tax rate is 77.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Itilienen economy, worth 28.5 trillion casters a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Basket Weaving, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 68,757 casters, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Euthanasia is legal, pandemics are over and done with by the time it takes to pass the nation's stringent border security, Jack Russells have proven to be terrible spies, and the nation's Medal of Honour can be found as a free toy in breakfast cereal. Crime is totally unknown. Itilien's national animal is the cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Itilien was endorsed by The Comradeship Union of Red nation state.
- : Itilien voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Native Prairies and Grasslands".
- : Following new legislation in Itilien, the nation's Medal of Honour can be found as a free toy in breakfast cereal.
- : Following new legislation in Itilien, Jack Russells have proven to be terrible spies.
- : Following new legislation in Itilien, pandemics are over and done with by the time it takes to pass the nation's stringent border security.
- : Following new legislation in Itilien, euthanasia is legal.
- : Itilien was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Itilien, the people are famous throughout the region for their perfect yellow teeth.
- : Following new legislation in Itilien, traveller camps regularly block five-lane superhighways.
- : Following new legislation in Itilien, the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Isgilit.
Endorsements Received: 55 » Kethania, Anarchic Cirrikh, The Steephills, GreatUnion of Soviet Socialist Republics, Bananorium, Melres e Medas, BurningPhoenix, Marxmeans, Dimitrija, Pajonia, Phallas, The Workers Union of Habsburg-Lorraine, Anarchia Communista, Feyrisshire, Shamian, Bruzzundunga, Nogorod, Vestrik, Theria Han, Rothnia, Westacaucasus, Anarhic Morrowind, Soviet Felines, Uinted Communist of Africa, The Union of Malaysian Socialists, Western Arizona, -Gregoria, Karelianastan, Fuspiac, Imperial Plumbus, Mavors, Easull, Vereinte Deutsche Foederation, Falkland Union, Reignment, Solova, Sipsin, Amogus diwan, North Fluedan, Socialist Union of Slavic Republics, Blakkland, The Plebeian States, Rolfania, Ambaniala, Bibliophilius, Hispania Aeterna, The Greater Tulsa Area, Brezzia, Virdmar, Rubumba, and 5 others.Union of Soviet Socialist Republics23, Vilouki, Mazovian Proletarians, New Astri, and Red nation state.