|Faith||Temple of the Serpent Priestess|
The Hippie Free for All of Ishankh is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Princess Astarte with a fair hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, unlimited-speed roads, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 1.169 billion Ishankhians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Agape Poli. The average income tax rate is 80.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Ishankhian economy, worth 97.6 trillion hugs a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 83,522 hugs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Turnstile jumpers grow up to be tax cheats, landless farmers wander forlornly in the government's many national parks, penurious citizens die from easily remedied ailments because they aren't 'taking enough initiative', and the nation's leader is normally just referred to as "snuggle-wuggle-huggy-bear". Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ishankh's national animal is the sea snake, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Temple of the Serpent Priestess.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ishankh was endorsed by The Scandinavian-Style Republic of The Mikalan Empire.
- : Ishankh was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Ishankh was endorsed by The Dominion of Stakenite.
- : Ishankh was endorsed by The Not-Quite-A-Utopia State of Duckbill.
- : Following new legislation in Ishankh, the nation's leader is normally just referred to as "snuggle-wuggle-huggy-bear".
- : Ishankh was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Following new legislation in Ishankh, penurious citizens die from easily remedied ailments because they aren't 'taking enough initiative'.
- : Following new legislation in Ishankh, landless farmers wander forlornly in the government's many national parks.
- : Following new legislation in Ishankh, turnstile jumpers grow up to be tax cheats.
- : Following new legislation in Ishankh, a ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect.
Endorsements Received: 34 » BBoss, Allinburg, Zuuri, My Nation, Narvatus, Sulivannia, Emaha, Seprum, Songateri, Archargentina, Underwater Sovereignties, The Free City of Night City, Shaizan, Moka Pamplemousses, Parenlord, The Earths people, Laidir, Mally Piznoopia, YourOnlyOne, Obets, Provence Town, Dongerland, Sparsdan, The French Lesser Antilles, UDNS, Volaire, Gouverne, Linkers Sha, Artannia, The Neo Russ Republic, Grand Abaco, Duckbill, Stakenite, and The Mikalan Empire.