The Incorporated States of Ironica Butterfly is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Forbes Wyoming with an even hand, and notable for its ubiquitous missile silos, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, cheerful population of 6.75 billion Ironica Butterflyians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. The average income tax rate is 71.7%.
The all-consuming Ironica Butterflyian economy, worth 419 trillion aurelias a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 62,178 aurelias, with the richest citizens earning 5.0 times as much as the poorest.
Proper policy proposals prerequire professional peer-reviewed papers, arbitrary election rules are considered sacrosanct, balaclava manufacturers are held criminally culpable for bank heists, and the government is reining in public spending. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ironica Butterfly's national animal is the butterfly, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ironica Butterfly, the government is reining in public spending.
- : Following new legislation in Ironica Butterfly, balaclava manufacturers are held criminally culpable for bank heists.
- : Ironica Butterfly was endorsed by The Democratic States of Bortheria.
- : Ironica Butterfly was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Lisokyo.
- : Ironica Butterfly was endorsed by The Pristine Blue Waters of Namakan.
- : Ironica Butterfly was endorsed by The Community of Islands of Czechia.
- : Ironica Butterfly was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs and the Top 10% for Most Developed.
- : Following new legislation in Ironica Butterfly, arbitrary election rules are considered sacrosanct.
- : Following new legislation in Ironica Butterfly, proper policy proposals prerequire professional peer-reviewed papers.
- : Following new legislation in Ironica Butterfly, one year's corporation tax from three international megacorporations has funded one dozen shiny black pencils for Forbes Wyoming's office.
Endorsements Received: 66 » Anollasia, Killettland, Tzo, Stroulia, The Soylent Green Party, Chip Skylark, Blogotopia, Seranis, Future of Mankind, Maalemzya, Aspistania, Leirkra, Achiotopia, Wysrod, New Fania, Echocrimsonia, Nooooooooooooooo, Kuriko, Coreras, Old Atlantica, Ignis Cinere, Nixtodea, Oyste, Evonidiche, Lamborghini Murcielago, Ferte, Northern Nivaria, Free Land of Rebellium, Spncrgmn, Elwana, Libertaritaritaritaria, Isentran, Zyrcrestia, Anisopterra, Yakkandiania, Valentian Elysium, Graemania, Ascended Union, Randopian, Krystalveil, Vill Send, The Republic of Osea, Xemja, Chocolate Coookies, Alen-roshh, Medetas, Evertopia, Ehrgeizig, Lunador, Leprechaun Gold, and 16 others.Lite-Brites, Vivolkha, Dustwind, Liberdon, Armatha, Haxx Isles, Point Comfort Colony, Kachikawawa, Waitiki, PYT, AciaciaMont, United North American Islands, Islands of Czechia, Namakan, Lisokyo, and Bortheria.