|Leader||the Executive Leader|
The United Islands of Iontan is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by the Executive Leader with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, state-planned economy, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 24.618 billion Iontanians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Iontan City. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Iontian economy, worth a remarkable 5,489 trillion Tayoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. Average income is an amazing 223,004 Tayoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Ministers browse Alright! magazine for fashion tips, high school bands practice by moonlight, artists are pillars of society, and excited shovel-bearing geeks wander the countryside. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Iontan's national animal is the Panther, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Iontan was endorsed by The Republic of Pickens Nation.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, excited shovel-bearing geeks wander the countryside.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, artists are pillars of society.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, high school bands practice by moonlight.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, ministers browse Alright! magazine for fashion tips.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, RPG fans reminisce fondly about when people thought they were evil and dangerous rather than geeky and socially inept.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, the nation's navy has been named the scourge of the seven thousand seas.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, proper policy proposals prerequire professional peer-reviewed papers.
- : Following new legislation in Iontan, one tree's worth of paperwork accompanies each imported log of timber.
- : Iontan endorsed The Republic of Verbool.
Endorsements Received: 90 » Slaytania, Matterland, Coreras, Blogotopia, The Soylent Green Party, Zeganas, Seantonia, Better Indonesia, Kyrizstanislav, Lacuna, Anollasia, Tzo, Dustwind, Killettland, Maalemzya, Wysrod, Keswickholt, Calachia, Free Land of Rebellium, Ferte, Karlando, Piscina, Airday, Republic of Libriano, City of Saint Nicolas, The Republic of Osea, Vill Send, Medetas, Evertopia, Vivolkha, Namakan, Johnne Green, Kachikawawa, Liberdon, Solsevara, Novegia, Gal Cradia, Zeklandia, Seranis, Ilfarasia, Testa, Maconshinbernititte, Holma, Krystalveil, Selu-Ahare, Tausend Seen, Greater Theowherveld, Venmere, Grimmywelsh, Samonaemia, and 40 others.Dovant, Violent Trees, Faradova, Cathamye, Katitania, Xanthorrhoea, Herfenzir, Macrasetia, Girls Who Say Bruh, Aquachromia, Breosia, The Galactic American Imperium, The Democratic State Of Josora, Fractethyst, Kaprein, Alski, Geonomia, Franconia and Bavaria, Puffandria, Hashari Darussalam, Houbur, Demeters Children, Markanite, Counties of Cracow, Coldian, Phello, The Divine Elephant, Jaegerpondonia, Rog Mily, QuazaFire, Strigberg, United Atle Lamton, Dolorado, Vayshnoriya Islands, Lisokyo, Rotzka, Clialaad, United Kolance, Verbool, and Pickens Nation.