The Empire of Insulae libertatis is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Wong bayangan with an iron fist, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, public floggings, and compulsory gun ownership. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 2.041 billion Sulaweses are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New massatallo. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 37.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Insulae libertatisian economy, worth 267 trillion Paclars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Basket Weaving. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 130,898 Paclars, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 428,571 per year while the poor average 30,029, a ratio of 14.3 to 1.
Corporate innovation has effectively ended since ideas can no longer be owned, the government awards prizes to television shows featuring stereotype-breaking minority roles, mining safety laws are often more expensive than what's being mined, and invasive drug testing is now performed at elementary school sports days. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Insulae libertatis's national animal is the Komodo dragon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Shintoism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Insulae libertatis, invasive drug testing is now performed at elementary school sports days.
- : Insulae libertatis was endorsed by The Republic of Opifex Concilium.
- : Following new legislation in Insulae libertatis, mining safety laws are often more expensive than what's being mined.
- : Insulae libertatis was endorsed by The Republic of Antwerpen1.
- : Insulae libertatis was endorsed by The Kingdom of Shadeth.
- : Following new legislation in Insulae libertatis, the government awards prizes to television shows featuring stereotype-breaking minority roles.
- : Insulae libertatis was endorsed by The Allied States of Bistritza.
- : Following new legislation in Insulae libertatis, corporate innovation has effectively ended since ideas can no longer be owned.
- : Insulae libertatis endorsed The Most Serene Republic of Eae.
- : Insulae libertatis endorsed The Goblin Commune Federation of Eggraria.
Endorsements Received: 96 » Wehraboos, New Qafedemar, Beblahbleblo, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Tepertopia, Saciu, Aidenfieeld, Land Without Shrimp, Corgitopiaa, Holota, Volaworand, Bawkie, Nowa Europa, Westenhald, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Uvalor, Anatasha, PenguinPies, Tyflugian, Damn Frigid Wastelands, Beepee, Drew Durrnil, Holy Free, Yaravia, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Kringalia, Hanguk-Nippon, Amerion, Shuckle Empire, Farengeto, Laamiva, Rebel-topia, Concrete Slab, Unojo, The naked people, Darakin, Drystar, Ebonhand, Arvan Irawer, Nomayuki, Andrendia, Malmsia, Noimosini, Doundaly, Flaksis, United States of Belvaria, Gonrati, Immund, Cereskia 2, Arscanesia, and 46 others.America Gone Wrong, The Haughtherlands, Sandaoguo, A Place Somewhere, Bavaristan, Achemar, Kanatian Percocet, The republic of Konsa, Chernaya Zvezda, Tsunamy, Sou Avida, Eleuthelrium, Willing Mind, Ever Testing, Erstavik, Makinius, Castraebar, Donat Invadia, Doge Land, Andinla, Great Jahar, Sedunn, Zataras, Ostavaria, Esterwood, Shintoese, Forbidden Territories, Leimarite Empire, Kremony, Melayu Federation, Albeville, Nvd123 world, Froshar, Saint Roberts, Karimata, Great Lothian, Kingson Island, Prokuror, Petea, Tyrantistica, Comfed, Eggraria, Eae, Bistritza, Shadeth, and Antwerpen1.