The Disputed Territories of Indoctia is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its keen interest in outer space, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 615 million Indoctians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 49.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Indoctian economy, worth 30.2 trillion deniers a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Cheese Exports, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 49,085 deniers, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Nude art is becoming wildly popular, the new airport at Mr. Giles' farm is panicking his sheep, prisoners regularly escape detention posing as scarecrows, and minority children spend hours bussing to schools miles away from home. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Indoctia's national animal is the narwhal, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Indoctia was endorsed by The République of Continental Social Democrats.
- : Indoctia was endorsed by The Dual Republics of Kanokla.
- : Following new legislation in Indoctia, minority children spend hours bussing to schools miles away from home.
- : Following new legislation in Indoctia, prisoners regularly escape detention posing as scarecrows.
- : Following new legislation in Indoctia, the new airport at Mr. Giles' farm is panicking his sheep.
- : Following new legislation in Indoctia, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
- : Following new legislation in Indoctia, blackface performers claim they are being deliberately ironic.
- : Following new legislation in Indoctia, businesses that prove successful are immediately broken up.
- : Indoctia was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Indoctia, strict term limits have been applied to all elected offices.
Endorsements Received: 62 » The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Brakanistan, Yahlia, Northern German Federation, Saint Domingo, Jim the Baptist, St Scarlett, Thracia Republic, The Champions League, Elisabethshagen, Troltovia, Irminsulia, Arlanisa, Lovisa, The New Nordic Union, Novo Portugal, Dark Matter, Outer Sparta, Bavira, Permorania, Aura Banitia, Free Furentenia, Wombelland, The Kingdom of Denmark, Pydrus, WaffleEmpire, Republic of Satherland, Estonesia, Slavorussia, Supcotia, The Seven Provinces, An Clar, Gingera, Bahnhofstrasse, Stromia, Viciebskaja, Mantcor, Imperium Anglorum, Walfo, Fearann nan Albannaich, North of Americas, Parliamentary Laramidia, Regnum Italiae, Porury, Greate San Marino, The Wretched of this Earth, The Mongol Plain, Pazano, Lord Sapre, Nardin, and 12 others.Enway, Apabeossie, Feria-Alkaline, Einswenn, Alsted, Elitestland, Shagolaa, Mallesia, Sienkahn, Legique, Kanokla, and Continental Social Democrats.