|Capital||Cannabis Court DC|
|Leader||President William Foster|
|Faith||Freedom from and of religion|
|Currency||Universal Treasury Note|
The United States of Independence Hill is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by President William Foster with a fair hand, and notable for its daily referendums, unlimited-speed roads, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 6.002 billion New Americans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, corrupt, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cannabis Court DC. The average income tax rate is 70.9%.
The frighteningly efficient New American economy, worth 975 trillion Universal Treasury Notes a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 162,503 Universal Treasury Notes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
Prankster scientists legally change their names to silly pseudonyms before major discoveries, foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle, fraternities are notorious for drunken hooliganism, and orange is the new black for judicial robes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Independence Hill's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Freedom from and of religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Independence Hill altered its national flag.
- : Independence Hill agreed to construct embassies between Independence Hill and New Foodia.
- : Independence Hill's influence in Independence Hill fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- : Independence Hill's influence in Independence Hill rose from "Squire" to "Hermit".
- : Independence Hill relocated from Balder to Independence Hill.
- : Independence Hill removed regional password protection from Independence Hill.
- : Independence Hill ejected and banned The Republic of Lubikovsk Republic from Independence Hill.
- : Independence Hill was refounded in Balder.
- : Independence Hill ceased to exist in Independence Hill.
- : Independence Hill's influence in Independence Hill rose from "Dominator" to "Hegemony".