The Holy Empire of Imperium Latine is a huge, orderly nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, ubiquitous missile silos, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 573 million Latins are proud of their wide-ranging civil freedoms, and those who aren't tend to be dragged off the streets by men in dark suits and hustled into cars with tinted windows.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Constantinopolis. The average income tax rate is 14.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Latin economy, worth 65.5 trillion latin crowns a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 114,285 latin crowns, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
Drug deals return to the streets as legions of undercover officers stalk the dark web, the constant playing of Merry Birthday on Latin radio has led to calls for the song to be classified as a crime against humanity, nobody is allowed to stop the local daycare from reading Nietzsche to pre-schoolers, and it is illegal to have the wrong clock time showing on your microwave oven. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Imperium Latine's national animal is the latin wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Imperium Latine resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Imperium Latine was endorsed by The Armed Federation of Zarulia.
- : Imperium Latine was endorsed by The Federation of New Stracjyen.
- : Imperium Latine was endorsed by The Fifth Dual Republics of Kanokla.
- : Imperium Latine was endorsed by The People's Democratic Republic of Migurson.
- : Imperium Latine was endorsed by The Beautiful Kingdom of Renway.
- : Imperium Latine voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend 1 very fast endotarter".
- : Imperium Latine voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Assemble".
- : Following new legislation in Imperium Latine, it is illegal to have the wrong clock time showing on your microwave oven.
- : Following new legislation in Imperium Latine, nobody is allowed to stop the local daycare from reading Nietzsche to pre-schoolers.