|Leader||God Emperor Vlad|
The Greater Galactic Empire of Imperial Akatsuki is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by God Emperor Vlad with an iron fist, and remarkable for its infamous sell-swords, frequent executions, and parental licensing program. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 6.711 billion Imps are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Byss. The average income tax rate is 94.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Imperial economy, worth a remarkable 3,213 trillion Succs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, fairly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 478,899 Succs, with the richest citizens earning 6.9 times as much as the poorest.
It is illegal to brush crumbs off your clothing outdoors, warfare increasingly resembles a video game, with increasingly clear skies nobody seems to mind the electricity bill going through the roof, and grinding bureaucracy has the international wheels of justice turning slowly. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Imperial Akatsuki's national animal is the Hollow, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Imperial Akatsuki, grinding bureaucracy has the international wheels of justice turning slowly.
- : Following new legislation in Imperial Akatsuki, with increasingly clear skies nobody seems to mind the electricity bill going through the roof.
- : Following new legislation in Imperial Akatsuki, warfare increasingly resembles a video game.
- : Imperial Akatsuki voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Pedagogical Freedom".
- : Imperial Akatsuki was reclassified from "Psychotic Dictatorship" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".
- : Following new legislation in Imperial Akatsuki, it is illegal to brush crumbs off your clothing outdoors.
- : Following new legislation in Imperial Akatsuki, art criticism in Imperial Akatsuki is scathingly destructive.
- : Following new legislation in Imperial Akatsuki, the sound of office water cooler chatter has been replaced by the whirring of computer cooling fans.
- : Following new legislation in Imperial Akatsuki, unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave.
- : Following new legislation in Imperial Akatsuki, the "boy who cried wolf" policy makes sick people reluctant to call an ambulance.
Endorsements Received: 93 » H-Zhena, A Slanted Black Stripe, ReeK, Wiranath, Am Echad, Goodnamesarerare, Brotherland, Dark Edgyness, British Calradia, Republic of Berzerkistan, Neruch, VW53Aland, Gorbastan, Hizuru, Bullpups, Axdel, Indrapore, United China Nation, Kangarawa, Ridann, BearStackof2015, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Pakitsk, Kilkire, The United Asian Republics, The United Neo American Union, Libertanny, Enlil, Grossvietnam, Talitoa, The Death Syndicate, La xinga, Roliganistan, Servants of Gizmo, Adolanta, Firenation91, Asendavia, Eagas, Matdor, Dragons Blood, Marrabuk, Rhealaliit, Under Upper Antartica, Evrigenis, Merlovich, Volkarai, Rainbow Vests, Interdimensional Waifus, Monteconstance, Zukchiva, and 43 others.Headpat Central, East Malaysia, Tretrid, Freedomindia, Todd McCloud, Lingu, Ripsylvania, The Eternal Land of Jong, Staynes, The Three States of Fortuna, Quinto Piano, BuciLand, Yossito II, Mays Austrian Nation, Distro-Spartica, Raunch, Lilisk, Greater New Cassandra, Fuflix workers union, Grindoligarch, Rohanland, Arkalarius, A mean old man, United Dirtpile, Centrical Union, Santa Dystopia, Chriona, Survivoristan, Eastern Hyront Scassen, Stellar Colonies, Technocratic Tagalog, Ephem, Modra, Oofery, Halaethaed Commune, Hababy, Horn of Havenkaap, Ribanzi, New Leganes, Neptunian Military Administration, Castle Federation, Layngderfleethe, and Euricanis.