The Matriarchy of Hrupers is a huge, cultured nation, renowned for its zero percent divorce rate, compulsory military service, and triple-decker prams. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 589 million Hrupersians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ivangrad. The average income tax rate is 48.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Hrupersian economy, worth 48.1 trillion Rubls a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, fairly diversified black market in Book Publishing, Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 81,691 Rubls, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Dogman-branded weapons are all the rage in the militaristic comic-book community, the nation's new foreign policy of 'very disproportionate retribution' has its neighbors on edge, the government's new "quiet competence" initiative has supporters and detractors alike reeling in confusion, and older ladies are inundated with offers to help them cross the road. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hrupers's national animal is the panther, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hrupers was endorsed by The Cayon Democratic Republic of Altnavia.
- : Hrupers was endorsed by The Dominion of MaPetiteFille.
- : Hrupers was endorsed by The Wood pigeon realm of TescoPepsi.
- : Hrupers was endorsed by The Local Councilcratic Republic of Evinea.
- : Hrupers was endorsed by The Empire of Zanco.
- : Following new legislation in Hrupers, older ladies are inundated with offers to help them cross the road.
- : Following new legislation in Hrupers, the government's new "quiet competence" initiative has supporters and detractors alike reeling in confusion.
- : Hrupers was endorsed by The Democratic Minion's Republic of The Haughtherlands.
- : Following new legislation in Hrupers, the nation's new foreign policy of 'very disproportionate retribution' has its neighbors on edge.
- : Following new legislation in Hrupers, Dogman-branded weapons are all the rage in the militaristic comic-book community.
Endorsements Received: 64 » Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, PenguinPies, Aidenfieeld, Holota, Proctethia, Beblahbleblo, Corgitopiaa, Amerion, Yaravia, Ever Testing, Arscanesia, Land Without Shrimp, Bleakfoot, Eleuthelrium, Blancemon, Chernaya Zvezda, Nowa Europa, A Place Somewhere, Abarri, PsiCorps, Volaworand, Nori Natto, Holy Free, The republic of Konsa, Wehraboos, Tepertopia, Kringalia, Tsunamy, Esterwood, Blondiesland, Bonobiana, Jehenna, Great Lothian, New American Dictatorship, Great Nikitika, Ebonhand, Farengeto, Tyrantistica, Shintoese, Mnemnovia, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Eae, Shadeth, Driodal, Dupanda, Taigama, Rhetiaa, Petea, Eggraria, Pencil Sharpeners 2, and 14 others.LadyRebels, South Pacifican Kilendjj, Willing Mind, Sureiya, Curlyhoward, Nouvel Empire, Winlah, Bawkie, The Haughtherlands, Zanco, Evinea, TescoPepsi, MaPetiteFille, and Altnavia.