The City-State Federation of Houbur is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Tsui Erikson with a fair hand, and notable for its ban on automobiles, complete lack of prisons, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.688 billion Houbuvi enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Thermdale. The average income tax rate is 82.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Houbuvian economy, worth 262 trillion kronor a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 155,793 kronor, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
The government only invests in infrastructure after a natural disaster, produce labels read 'may contain traces of food', the government sends submarines to retrieve bodies from shipwrecked submarines, and nude art is becoming wildly popular. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Houbur's national animal is the Penguin, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Houbur lodged a message on the 10000 Islands Regional Message Board.
- : Houbur voted for the World Assembly Resolution "International Maxtopia Day".
- : Following new legislation in Houbur, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
- : Following new legislation in Houbur, the government sends submarines to retrieve bodies from shipwrecked submarines.
- : Following new legislation in Houbur, produce labels read 'may contain traces of food'.
- : Houbur voted for the World Assembly Resolution "International Scientific Cooperation".
- : Following new legislation in Houbur, the government only invests in infrastructure after a natural disaster.
- : Following new legislation in Houbur, the smell of napalm in the morning is usually alongside grilled Penguin.
- : Following new legislation in Houbur, a primitive society is being eroded as its youth flock to the modern world.
- : Following new legislation in Houbur, the freedom to be free is always just out of reach.
Endorsements Received: 89 » Coldian, The Soylent Green Party, Xanthorrhoea, Macrasetia, The Galactic American Imperium, Faradova, Free Land of Rebellium, Fractethyst, Aquachromia, Kanycta, Kaprein, Dustwind, Murphtannia, Solsevara, Maconshinbernititte, Alski, DetroitSmash, Dishind, Liberdon, Ilfarasia, Hashari Darussalam, Austral Imperium, The Democratic State Of Josora, Haivon, Brandenbourg-Anhalt, Havesia, Second Peenadian, Bavhia, Krystalveil, Geonomia, Vivolkha, Blogotopia, Western New Yakern, Seranis, Tausend Seen, Evertopia, El Barris, Frothensia, Ear Exploder 9000, Federal republic of wakanda, Clan Lynx Remnants, Gewisse, Immortal Anfield, Grimmywelsh, AliEN A, Frasal, Boroii, Anime Lovely, Germanitaloslav, Franconia and Bavaria, and 39 others.Dovant, Creeptopia, Chip Skylark, Attoree, Colonel Terrosit, Donnee, Generic Country Name That Is Available, Greater Theowherveld, Inhwan, Gal Cradia, Holma, Cathamye, Airday, Better Indonesia, Anollasia, Caxias do Norte, Markanite, Iontan, New Gothonia, Grungerock, Wysrod, Jaegerpondonia, Caribbia, Strigberg, Arnefol, Samonaemia, Rotzka, Aurum Port, Dolorado, The Snake Brotherhood, Vayshnoriya Islands, Lisokyo, Entente da madeira, Clialaad, United Kolance, Syedians, Pickens Nation, The Divine Elephant, and Thexaelen.