The People's Republic of Hitito is a very large, efficient nation, remarkable for its disturbing lack of elderly people, parental licensing program, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 135 million Hititoans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 27.2%.
The powerhouse Hititoan economy, worth 9.91 trillion Itoes a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Gambling, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 73,389 Itoes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens complain about a burning sensation after bathing, women don't report crimes to the emergency services for fear of being arrested, a typical fast food menu item could serve a small army, and tax assessment offices double as polling stations. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent, thanks to a well-funded police force. Hitito's national animal is the Eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hitito voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Wallenburg".
- : Hitito voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Wartime Journalism Protection Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Hitito, tax assessment offices double as polling stations.
- : Following new legislation in Hitito, a typical fast food menu item could serve a small army.
- : Following new legislation in Hitito, women don't report crimes to the emergency services for fear of being arrested.
- : Following new legislation in Hitito, citizens complain about a burning sensation after bathing.
- : Following new legislation in Hitito, the most popular stadium acts are one-off performances.
- : Hitito was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry and the Top 10% for Most Avoided.
- : Hitito was endorsed by The Empire of Dageki no yari.
- : Hitito lodged a message on the Force Regional Message Board.