The Kingdom of Hesperisia is a huge, efficient nation, ruled by King Ambrosius with an even hand, and renowned for its zero percent divorce rate, rampant corporate plagiarism, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, devout population of 895 million Hesperisians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Carthage. The average income tax rate is 38.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Hesperisian economy, worth 120 trillion Deniers a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Retail. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 134,119 Deniers, with the richest citizens earning 5.2 times as much as the poorest.
An enormous health awareness programme is underway, business owners return from long vacations to find their factories have been turned into homeless shelters, the national sporting identity is represented by a talking burger and a singing smartphone, and debate rages over whether ground fish guts can be spread on fields. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hesperisia's national animal is the griffin, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hesperisia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes and the Top 10% for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Hesperisia, debate rages over whether ground fish guts can be spread on fields.
- : Following new legislation in Hesperisia, the national sporting identity is represented by a talking burger and a singing smartphone.
- : Following new legislation in Hesperisia, business owners return from long vacations to find their factories have been turned into homeless shelters.
- : Following new legislation in Hesperisia, an enormous health awareness programme is underway.
- : Following new legislation in Hesperisia, being King Ambrosius has been voted one of the top ten most dangerous jobs.
- : Following new legislation in Hesperisia, organ donation rates have hit a new low.
- : Hesperisia was endorsed by The Dual Republics of Kanokla.
- : Following new legislation in Hesperisia, noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law.
- : Following new legislation in Hesperisia, the monarch's main official duty is christening ships.
Endorsements Received: 66 » The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Thracia Republic, Northern German Federation, The Champions League, Elisabethshagen, Troltovia, Yahlia, Saint Domingo, Irminsulia, Jim the Baptist, Nardin, Arlanisa, Lovisa, The New Nordic Union, Novo Portugal, St Scarlett, Dark Matter, Outer Sparta, The Kingdom of Denmark, Permorania, Aura Banitia, Free Furentenia, Wombelland, Pydrus, WaffleEmpire, Republic of Satherland, Estonesia, British Norklon, Slavorussia, Supcotia, The Seven Provinces, An Clar, Bahnhofstrasse, Stromia, Viciebskaja, Mantcor, Imperium Anglorum, Walfo, GanymedEuropa, Leszno, Fearann nan Albannaich, Parliamentary Laramidia, North of Americas, Regnum Italiae, Enway, Mallesia, Porury, The Wretched of this Earth, Greate San Marino, The Mongol Plain, and 16 others.Pazano, Lord Sapre, Puhja, Rijland, Apabeossie, IllyrianAlbania, Locahsianea, Neuchateau, Einswenn, Feria-Alkaline, Alsted, Shagolaa, Sienkahn, Elitestland, Socialist Balkans, and Kanokla.