|Capital||Helix Labs City|
The Terrifying dictatorship of Helix Labs is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by GLaDOS with an iron fist, and remarkable for its deadly medical pandemics, prohibition of alcohol, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 8.562 billion Helixians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The relatively small, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Helix Labs City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 45.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Helixian economy, worth a remarkable 1,930 trillion Credits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Retail, Arms Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 225,452 Credits, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 880,316 per year while the poor average 39,382, a ratio of 22.4 to 1.
Kids' party bags often contain candy and e-cigarettes, politicians look weirdly alike, movement-triggered sensors mean that for every door that closes another one opens, and several inches are being added to first class seating. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Helix Labs's national animal is the Dire Wolf, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Helix Labs was endorsed by The Spacefaring Warrior Armada of Tethys 13.
- : Helix Labs endorsed The Vivacious Vizier of Lukatonia.
- : Helix Labs's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Helix Labs was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Helix Labs was endorsed by The Vivacious Vizier of Lukatonia.
- : Helix Labs was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Helix Labs applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Following new legislation in Helix Labs, several inches are being added to first class seating.
- : Helix Labs's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Helix Labs's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".