|Leader||Prime Minister Kyle Ligal|
The Commonwealth of Helecria is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Prime Minister Kyle Ligal with an even hand, and remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 2.899 billion Helecrians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Peatsland. The average income tax rate is 90.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Helecrian economy, worth 463 trillion Commonwealth Dollars a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 159,736 Commonwealth Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government has adopted a "Lightning Never Strikes Twice" approach to dealing with natural disasters, airplane passengers who purchase "basic economy" tickets are often assigned seats in the lavatory, manufacturers of biodegradable plastics have to wait for months to show evidence of organic decomposition, and scientists earn more grant money for reproducing old experiments than trying anything new. Crime is totally unknown. Helecria's national animal is the Kiwi, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Helecria was endorsed by The Republic of Antwerpen1.
- : Following new legislation in Helecria, scientists earn more grant money for reproducing old experiments than trying anything new.
- : Helecria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Limiting Animal Pathogens".
- : Helecria was endorsed by The Kingdom of Shadeth.
- : Helecria was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Eae.
- : Helecria was endorsed by The Trans Rights of Eggraria.
- : Helecria was endorsed by The Allied States of Bistritza.
- : Helecria was endorsed by The Republic of TescoPepsi.
- : Helecria was endorsed by The Eternal Dynasty of Comfed.
- : Helecria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Reventus Koth"".
Endorsements Received: 77 » Beblahbleblo, Holota, Tepertopia, Bawkie, Bleakfoot, Westenhald, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Nowa Europa, Treir, Holy Free, Land Without Shrimp, PenguinPies, Wehraboos, Volaworand, Canmore, Tsunamy, Sandaoguo, United States of Belvaria, Yaravia, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Kringalia, Damn Frigid Wastelands, Rebel-topia, Amerion, Farengeto, Laamiva, Drew Durrnil, Concrete Slab, The naked people, Darakin, Ebonhand, Auphelia, Shuckle Empire, Hanguk-Nippon, Shefino, Aidenfieeld, Arvan Irawer, Gonrati, Immund, Cereskia 2, Flaksis, Arscanesia, The Haughtherlands, New Qafedemar, Achemar, Kanatian Percocet, Chernaya Zvezda, Sou Avida, Nori Natto, Eleuthelrium, and 27 others.A Place Somewhere, Willing Mind, Ever Testing, Erstavik, Makinius, Castraebar, Donat Invadia, Andinla, Bonobiana, Sedunn, Zataras, Venezia Pacifica, Esterwood, Leimarite Empire, Ostavaria, Froshar, Alrone, Saint Roberts, Great Lothian, Martiland, Tyrantistica, Comfed, TescoPepsi, Bistritza, Eae, Shadeth, and Antwerpen1.