The People's Union of Harvestmoon is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Altinay Toliktoi with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, frequent executions, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, cheerful population of 1.646 billion Harvestmoonians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lilac. The average income tax rate is 68.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Harvestmoonian economy, worth 180 trillion Glads a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 109,497 Glads, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Sex education has become an intricate maze of stick figures and complex metaphors, the Harvestmoonian Intelligence Agency relies on internet search engines to know what is happening overseas, conversion therapy coupons are a popular present for coming of age ceremonies, and octogenarian swimsuit models insist that they've still got it. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Harvestmoon's national animal is the Red-Faced Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Harvestmoon, octogenarian swimsuit models insist that they've still got it.
- : Following new legislation in Harvestmoon, conversion therapy coupons are a popular present for coming of age ceremonies.
- : Harvestmoon changed its national motto to "Today. For our future tomorrow.".
- : Harvestmoon changed its national leader to "Altinay Toliktoi" and its motto to "Today for our future tomorrow.".
- : Following new legislation in Harvestmoon, the Harvestmoonian Intelligence Agency relies on internet search engines to know what is happening overseas.
- : Following new legislation in Harvestmoon, sex education has become an intricate maze of stick figures and complex metaphors.
- : Following new legislation in Harvestmoon, Harvestmoon has taken the radical step of electing its future leaders.
- : Harvestmoon was reclassified from "Corrupt Dictatorship" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Harvestmoon was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Food Quality and the Top 10% for Largest Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Harvestmoon, foreigners must sell an arm and a leg to afford surgery in Harvestmoon.
Endorsements Received: 38 » North South North West Kansas, Bearded Dragones, WonGya, WhoWhoWhoWho, Caffeine Addicts, Greater Anjulas, Tokists, Great Clucky, Rathoria, Ivavorska, New Luciannova, Teslda, Saika Red, Reefinstien, NewOldLand, Jhevantu, Big Boys Ville, Gerrrm any, Recycling Bins, United Noble and Princely Yugo-Alba, Malavida, Monsone, Aerlanica, Panselo, Saulterlan, Iva Kree, Peelia, Maricon, Sicilian Restoration, Uldar Union, The Olivavan Union, Roxium, Brudishi, Cananirevins, Tannencourter, Kop Wert, Bezar, and Jacquin.