The United Kingdom of Harmonizes is a huge, socially progressive nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, unlimited-speed roads, and compulsory military service. The compassionate, devout population of 736 million Harmonizesians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Savage Scorpio. The average income tax rate is 42.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Harmonizesian economy, worth 45.2 trillion guilders a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Woodchip Exports, Trout Farming, and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 61,462 guilders, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Right-wingers complain that too many people are suckling at the welfare teat, primary candidates are replaced if they fail to compliment Leader's hair, citizens must have a license to operate a computer, and colleges adhere to rigid ethnic quotas for admissions. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Harmonizes's national animal is the Scorpio, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Harmonizes was endorsed by The Kaiju fan addict of Othenhiem.
- : Harmonizes was endorsed by The Carib- Atlantic Union of North of Americas.
- : Harmonizes was endorsed by The République of Continental Social Democrats.
- : Harmonizes was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Primitive.
- : Harmonizes endorsed The Federal Republic of Enway.
- : Following new legislation in Harmonizes, colleges adhere to rigid ethnic quotas for admissions.
- : Following new legislation in Harmonizes, citizens must have a license to operate a computer.
- : Following new legislation in Harmonizes, primary candidates are replaced if they fail to compliment Leader's hair.
- : Following new legislation in Harmonizes, right-wingers complain that too many people are suckling at the welfare teat.
- : Following new legislation in Harmonizes, the nation's Medal of Honour can be found as a free toy in breakfast cereal.
Endorsements Received: 47 » NorthPortugal, Invernessia, Meropis, Kanokla, Yahlia, Ausvelt, Saint Domingo, Republic of Satherland, Dark Matter, The New Nordic Union, Thracia Republic, The New Mexican Confederation, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Someseni, Irminsulia, Walfo, Shaor, Trixeland, Destyntine, Regnum Italiae, Elisabethshagen, Northern German Federation, Apabeossie, The Champions League, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, St Scarlett, Imperium Anglorum, Jim the Baptist, Abject Ludicrosity, The Seven Provinces, Rivierenland, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Estellan, Owlograd, GanymedEuropa, Kyrica, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Uzbek Khan, Eski, Asparagusia, Eco-Paris Reformation, Valtrona, Mynox, Enway, Continental Social Democrats, North of Americas, and Othenhiem.