The Republic of Hafrsa is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its digital currency, ubiquitous missile silos, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 1.376 billion Hafrsans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lillehavn. The average income tax rate is 37.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Hafrsan economy, worth 118 trillion Euros a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 86,480 Euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Door-to-door salesmen are frequently beaten up by 'vigilantes', airport security is provided by private companies, the citizenship exam requires years of study to actually pass, and the only science is political science. Crime is totally unknown. Hafrsa's national animal is the mockingbird, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hafrsa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Hafrsa altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in Hafrsa, the only science is political science.
- : Following new legislation in Hafrsa, the citizenship exam requires years of study to actually pass.
- : Following new legislation in Hafrsa, airport security is provided by private companies.
- : Following new legislation in Hafrsa, door-to-door salesmen are frequently beaten up by 'vigilantes'.
- : Following new legislation in Hafrsa, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit.
- : Following new legislation in Hafrsa, concussed mockingbirdball players cannot remember their lineup position.
- : Following new legislation in Hafrsa, ratings for sitcom reruns are often much higher than election debates.
- : Hafrsa changed its national nation type to "Republic".
Endorsements Received: 61 » Nuweland, The Seven Provinces, Ausvelt, The Champions League, Saint Domingo, Yahlia, Someseni, Invernessia, Abject Ludicrosity, Elisabethshagen, Grodisze, An Clar, Republic of Satherland, Irminsulia, Dark Matter, Walfo, Northern German Federation, GanymedEuropa, Shaor, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, North of Americas, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, St Scarlett, Jim the Baptist, Savinecross, Regnum Italiae, Leszno, Galway-Dublin, Thracia Republic, Canovium, Socialist Balkans, The Kingdom of Denmark, Nardin, The New Nordic Union, Jahass, Destyntine, Leranditale, Sloburg, Mons Graupius, Imperium Anglorum, Lyallpur, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Quentenia, Meropis, Rivierenland, Prussian-Union, Crestphalia, Mallesia, Trixeland, The New Mexican Confederation, and 11 others.Kanokla, The Young Ur, Kyrica, Uzbek Khan, Eski, Valtrona, Apabeossie, Eco-Paris Reformation, Mynox, Enway, and Continental Social Democrats.