The Kingdom of Grogola is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its fear of technology, ubiquitous missile silos, and ban on automobiles. The hard-nosed, devout population of 437 million Grogolans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fort Derged. The average income tax rate is 70.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Grogolan economy, worth 29.2 trillion Squirrel skins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Basket Weaving, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 66,791 Squirrel skins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal, saying "don't do anything that Leader wouldn't do" doesn't exclude a great deal, Hide and Seek with Cuddle Bear is the most popular video game in the nation, and all government communication requires the imprimatur of the Truth Police. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Grogola's national animal is the Brahmin, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Grogola was endorsed by The 15 States of Fellon.
- : Grogola was endorsed by The Weed-Choked Lawn of A mean old man.
- : Grogola was endorsed by The Free Land of Veterans Association.
- : Grogola was endorsed by The Tsardom of Nadarena.
- : Grogola was endorsed by The Vocaloid Republic of Palladion State.
- : Grogola was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Grogola was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Grogola was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Grogola changed its national capital to "Fort Derged".
- : Following new legislation in Grogola, all government communication requires the imprimatur of the Truth Police.
Endorsements Received: 20 » Aivintis, The Marlands, Nation of man, Thurland, United Commonwealth of American States, Modra, Enlil, Axdel, New Sandsnionion, Evrigenis, Isole Ionie, Tassirion, VW53Aland, Ridann, Santa Dystopia, Palladion State, Nadarena, Veterans Association, A mean old man, and Fellon.