The Kingdom of Greyrey is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Queen Valya with an even hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, soft-spoken computers, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate population of 1.683 billion Rey are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, with Administration, Healthcare, and Industry also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lauthal. The average income tax rate is 71.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Rey economy, worth 199 trillion lire a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 118,311 lire, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Much of Greyrey's computer network is controlled by a rampant artificial intelligence, earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss, students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak, and criminals always seem to be forewarned of police raids. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Greyrey's national animal is the owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Greyrey was endorsed by The United States of Imperio tilandes.
- : Greyrey was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured and Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Greyrey, criminals always seem to be forewarned of police raids.
- : Following new legislation in Greyrey, students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak.
- : Following new legislation in Greyrey, earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss.
- : Greyrey endorsed The Mountain Kingdom of Lusgastan.
- : Greyrey endorsed The Federal Republic of Hangug-eun.
- : Greyrey endorsed The Free Land of Bird State.
- : Greyrey was endorsed by The Free Land of Bird State.
- : Greyrey was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced and Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
Endorsements Received: 13 » ImperialRussia, Weihbach, Wintermoot, Inkludering, Andromedian, Melehan, Hayden Rivers, Penguin Dictators, WhysashaPOTATO, Lusgastan, Hangug-eun, Bird State, and Imperio tilandes.