|Leader||Prime Minister Moaq|
The Indivisible Republic of Grenopia is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Prime Minister Moaq with an even hand, and notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, national health service, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 7.1 billion Grenopians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous, liberal government prioritizes Education, with Administration, Environment, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Defense and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cotajromm. The average income tax rate is 98.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Grenopian economy, worth a remarkable 1,280 trillion kænus a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 180,397 kænus, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Search and rescue forces now accept cheques and all major credit cards, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms, surveillance cameras are banned, and jokes told in elementary school often come back to haunt politicians. Crime is totally unknown. Grenopia's national animal is the Mountain Goat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Tállulloi.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Grenopia, jokes told in elementary school often come back to haunt politicians.
- : Following new legislation in Grenopia, surveillance cameras are banned.
- : Following new legislation in Grenopia, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms.
- : Following new legislation in Grenopia, search and rescue forces now accept cheques and all major credit cards.
- : Grenopia suppressed a post on the Northern Utopia Regional Message Board.
- : Grenopia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- : Following new legislation in Grenopia, factories are regularly demolished to make way for low-cost housing areas.
- : Grenopia was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- : Following new legislation in Grenopia, census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate.
- : Following new legislation in Grenopia, road signs are getting harder to read under layers of knitted woolen cardigans.