The Free Land of Great Ranges is a huge, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, restrictive gun laws, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 213 million Rangers love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 61.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Great Rangesian economy, worth 8.80 trillion Inklings a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Trout Farming, and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 41,301 Inklings, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Debates on whether toilet seats should be left up or down are increasingly commonplace, Leader's speeches are beloved by insomniacs, light entertainment isn't dead, and every product goes through extensive safety-testing by the government. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Great Ranges's national animal is the Freckled Fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Great Ranges, every product goes through extensive safety-testing by the government.
- : Following new legislation in Great Ranges, light entertainment isn't dead.
- : Following new legislation in Great Ranges, Leader's speeches are beloved by insomniacs.
- : Great Ranges was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Great Ranges was endorsed by The Kingdom of Northern Bucovina.
- : Great Ranges was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Thedairos.
- : Following new legislation in Great Ranges, debates on whether toilet seats should be left up or down are increasingly commonplace.
- : Following new legislation in Great Ranges, children are raised bilingual from an early age.
- : Following new legislation in Great Ranges, genetic research is temporarily tied up in government red tape.
- : Following new legislation in Great Ranges, athletic teenagers are among the wealthiest members of society.
Endorsements Received: 77 » Dustwind, The Soylent Green Party, Wysrod, Anisopterra, Kuriko, Ignis Cinere, Mastodonia, Nooooooooooooooo, Creeptopia, Chip Skylark, Lower Phlebacite, Northern Nivaria, Solarampa, Ao Kuang, Old Tryst, Achiotopia, Krystalveil, QuazaFire, Jimjam Goober, Vill Send, City of Saint Nicolas, Mulia Easamandringordia, New Udonia, Piscina, Tzo, Palman, Chocolate Coookies, Ascended Union, Namakan, Republic of Nutella, The Pizza, Discotheque, Leprechaun Gold, Samonaemia, Anollasia, Iontan, Colonel Terrosit, Auroma, Evertopia, Xemja, Free Land of Malopolska, Terra Royaume, Gewisse, Final Universal Order, Rahatalia, Swag Chief Bubba Estate, Lamborghini Murcielago, Eames, Itic, Alleida, and 27 others.Generic Country Name That Is Available, Karlando, Ehrgeizig, Arctic Coalition, Seranis, The Republic of Osea, Valentian Elysium, Grungerock, Johnne Green, Flex Lexington, Maalemzya, Danyl, Cape Vessey, Grimmywelsh, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Waitiki, The Biggles Syndicate, Kachikawawa, Brandenbourg-Anhalt, PYT, Point Comfort Colony, Tamsalin, Liberdon, New Afghanistani states, Solsevara, Bortheria, and Northern Bucovina.