The Dictatorship of Gra land is a huge, safe nation, notable for its prohibition of alcohol, ubiquitous missile silos, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 394 million Gra landians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. The average income tax rate is 69.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Gra landian economy, worth 16.0 trillion florins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 40,665 florins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Cinemas play art-house movies to ever-shrinking audiences as film critics rule the industry, murderers facing life in prison listen to long sermons on positive thinking, urban parents tell their children that the family car went to a farm upstate, and the "Dreadnowt" is the pride and joy of the Gra Landian Navy. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gra land's national animal is the caracal, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gra land's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Gra land was endorsed by The Dominion of MaPetiteFille.
- : Gra land was endorsed by The Cayon Democratic Republic of Altnavia.
- : Following new legislation in Gra land, the "Dreadnowt" is the pride and joy of the Gra Landian Navy.
- : Gra land was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- : Gra land was endorsed by The Wood pigeon realm of TescoPepsi.
- : Following new legislation in Gra land, urban parents tell their children that the family car went to a farm upstate.
- : Following new legislation in Gra land, murderers facing life in prison listen to long sermons on positive thinking.
- : Following new legislation in Gra land, cinemas play art-house movies to ever-shrinking audiences as film critics rule the industry.
- : Following new legislation in Gra land, when electric cars arrived nobody heard them coming.
Endorsements Received: 48 » Shadeth, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Amerion, Corgitopiaa, ARIAPOLIS01, Holota, Ever Testing, Chernaya Zvezda, Volaworand, Yaravia, Tepertopia, Land Without Shrimp, Nowa Europa, Bawkie, Wehraboos, Eleuthelrium, Arscanesia, Beblahbleblo, Sismite, Aidenfieeld, PenguinPies, Bleakfoot, Great Lothian, Ebonhand, Antwerpen1, Tyflugian, Esterwood, Driodal, Dupanda, Taigama, Farengeto, Kringalia, Holy Free, Petea, Eggraria, Pencil Sharpeners 2, South Pacifican Kilendjj, Willing Mind, Curlyhoward, Sureiya, Nouvel Empire, Winlah, Baron Ungern and Tzar Nicholas, The Haughtherlands, Evinea, TescoPepsi, Altnavia, and MaPetiteFille.