The United Kingdom of Goldenbourg is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by King Philip with a fair hand, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, daily referendums, and ritual sacrifices. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 4.544 billion Goldenbourgishes hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Great Vertin. The average income tax rate is 68.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Goldenbourgish economy, worth 359 trillion Rings a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Basket Weaving, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 79,064 Rings, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Goldenbourgish watches are often the only thing to survive a disaster intact, feuilletons can only be deciphered with a Galliennais dictionary, census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate, and the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Great Vertin. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Goldenbourg's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Goldenbourg was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Goldenbourg was endorsed by The Republic of Sienkahn.
- : Goldenbourg was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather and the Top 10% for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Goldenbourg was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens and the Top 10% for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Goldenbourg was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare and Best Weather.
- : Goldenbourg was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Poland-Kaliningrad.
- : Goldenbourg was endorsed by The Federation of Shagolaa.
- : Goldenbourg was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Elitestland.
- : Goldenbourg was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Enway.
- : Goldenbourg was endorsed by The Great European Union of Freedomanica.
Endorsements Received: 87 » The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, The Seven Provinces, The New Nordic Union, Saint Domingo, Yahlia, Ahma, Thracia Republic, St Scarlett, Slavorussia, Irminsulia, Troltovia, Wombelland, An Clar, Northern German Federation, Purgatio, Dark Matter, Lexembourg, Imperium Anglorum, Rouvenor, Brakanistan, Regnum Italiae, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Nardin, Einswenn, Feria-Alkaline, Bohomo, Super Happy Land, Chioganah, The Greater Eastern Republic, Outer Sparta, Lovisa, Aristeme, The Ivory Tower of Academia, Eritei, Weltbeherrschung, Pazano, Leuxvieth, Leszno, New Ylicia, GanymedEuropa, Kaspinia, Dorpz, The Champions League, Corthaen, Death Bat, Greate San Marino, Thracia and Crimea, Estonesia, North of Americas, Germany Third Reich, and 37 others.Cytadela, Jim the Baptist, Supcotia, Sinclairtown, Slavonia and Srijem, Republic of Satherland, Pilipinas and Malaya, Leranditale, Beauprix, Kenmoria WA Mission, Bahnhofstrasse, Mantcor, Viciebskaja, The Kingdom of Denmark, Soviet Taoistan, Gingera, Alsted, Apabeossie, Elisabethshagen, Mallesia, Novo Portugal, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Free Furentenia, WaffleEmpire, The Wretched of this Earth, Stromia, Neuchateau, Walfo, The Mongol Plain, Preusses, Lord Sapre, Novum Hesperia, Enway, Elitestland, Shagolaa, Poland-Kaliningrad, and Sienkahn.