|Leader||King Ioannes II of La Marca-Infante|
The Kingdom of Giolmia is a massive, safe nation, ruled by King Ioannes II of La Marca-Infante with a fair hand, and notable for its frequent executions, compulsory military service, and zero percent divorce rate. The hard-nosed, democratic, devout population of 2.421 billion Giolmians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Foj'e. The average income tax rate is 51.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Giolmian economy, worth 282 trillion Giolmian Crowns a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 116,588 Giolmian Crowns, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The comic book series 'King Ioannes II of La Marca-Infante and the Villainous Corporate Cronies' is a best-seller, genetic research is temporarily tied up in government red tape, one of the most popular models in Giolmia has a scarred face and one working eye, and children as young as eight can present logical proofs for the existence of the afterlife. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Giolmia's national animal is the falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Giolmia was endorsed by The Le Tercere Republice Federal of Taigama.
- : Following new legislation in Giolmia, children as young as eight can present logical proofs for the existence of the afterlife.
- : Following new legislation in Giolmia, one of the most popular models in Giolmia has a scarred face and one working eye.
- : Following new legislation in Giolmia, genetic research is temporarily tied up in government red tape.
- : Following new legislation in Giolmia, the comic book series 'King Ioannes II of La Marca-Infante and the Villainous Corporate Cronies' is a best-seller.
- : Following new legislation in Giolmia, pedants defending King Ioannes II of La Marca-Infante observe that psychopaths and sociopaths aren't exactly the same thing.
- : Following new legislation in Giolmia, randomly bombing neighboring countries has become the new national sport.
- : Giolmia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Crime Victims' Rights Act".
- : Giolmia endorsed The Holy Empire of Dupanda.
- : Giolmia was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Dupanda.
Endorsements Received: 88 » Corgitopiaa, Amerion, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Tepertopia, Concrete Slab, Aidenfieeld, Marinho Islands, Freedoom, Beblahbleblo, Holota, Beepee, Land Without Shrimp, Shuckle Empire, New Sanet, Bawkie, Bleakfoot, Nowa Europa, Westenhald, Tsunamy, Wehraboos, Holy Free, PenguinPies, Anatasha, Drystar, Farengeto, West Pastafaria, Ebonhand, Saciu, Damn Frigid Wastelands, United States of Belvaria, Sandaoguo, Yaravia, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Jehenna, Kringalia, Rebel-topia, Drew Durrnil, The naked people, Darakin, Noimosini, Hanguk-Nippon, Gonrati, Shefino, Immund, Cereskia 2, The Haughtherlands, Arscanesia, Steviland, Achemar, and 38 others.Kanatian Percocet, Stephastan, Valansten, Chernaya Zvezda, Banglazstrogaria, Sou Avida, Eleuthelrium, Willing Mind, Makinius, Ever Testing, Erstavik, Volaworand, A Place Somewhere, Mavenu, Donat Invadia, Andinla, Kricivk, Sedunn, Zataras, Ipugao, Doriander, Ostavaria, Esterwood, Leimarite Empire, Froshar, Alrone, Baron Ungern and Tzar Nicholas, Saint Roberts, Great Lothian, Tyrantistica, Bistritza, Eae, Shadeth, Antwerpen1, Abarri, Driodal, Dupanda, and Taigama.