|Leader||Queen zell II|
The Free Land of Gema is a huge, socially progressive nation, ruled by Queen zell II with an even hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, devout population of 976 million Szafiers have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of poppy crown. The average income tax rate is 46.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Szafier economy, worth 79.2 trillion krys a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Trout Farming, and Furniture Restoration. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is 81,156 krys, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Queen zell II is worshipped as a god, treason is relative, engineers ask liberal arts majors "Do you want fries with that?", and young and brooding teens are welcomed with open arms to the Dogwarts School of Strangeness and Sorcery. Crime is well under control. Gema's national animal is the goat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Gema, young and brooding teens are welcomed with open arms to the Dogwarts School of Strangeness and Sorcery.
- : Following new legislation in Gema, engineers ask liberal arts majors "Do you want fries with that?".
- : Following new legislation in Gema, treason is relative.
- : Following new legislation in Gema, Queen zell II is worshipped as a god.
- : Following new legislation in Gema, there are six more weeks of winter if a northerner sees her shadow.
- : Following new legislation in Gema, literature classes frequently go on field trips to rock concerts.
- : Gema endorsed The Free Land of Veterans Association.
- : Gema endorsed The 15 States of Fellon.
- : Gema was endorsed by The 15 States of Fellon.
- : Gema was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Inclusive.
Endorsements Received: 38 » Preat, The 7th Coalition of Alba, VW53Aland, Evrigenis, New Leganes, Republic of Restaks, Tassirion, Marrabuk, Axdel, Nevertopia, Valerite, The Marlands, Aivintis, BearStackof2015, Merlovich, Brotherland, EmpireBR, Konneticut, Enlil, Rhealaliit, Kingdom of Hapsteld, Isole Ionie, Modra, In Insulam Autem Sanguis Et Magia, Tyrosalem, New Sandsnionion, United Commonwealth of American States, A mean old man, East Malaysia, Hizuru, Chalan, Santa Dystopia, Ridann, Roissyland, Palladion State, United Citizens, Veterans Association, and Fellon.