|Leader||Supreme President Albert Clenn|
The United Social States of Gallisers is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Supreme President Albert Clenn with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, sprawling nuclear power plants, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 4.202 billion Gallisersians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Thorntonsburg. The average income tax rate is 96.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Gallisersian economy, worth 582 trillion Federation Pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 138,656 Federation Pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Anti-government web sites are springing up, builders across Gallisers are blocked up with orders for new public loos, cricket farmers use magnifying glasses to fit every member of their herd with tiny tracking tags, and the volume of paperwork used to complete a single environmental assessment defeats the purpose. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gallisers's national animal is the Raven, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Social Secularism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Gallisers, the volume of paperwork used to complete a single environmental assessment defeats the purpose.
- : Following new legislation in Gallisers, cricket farmers use magnifying glasses to fit every member of their herd with tiny tracking tags.
- : Following new legislation in Gallisers, builders across Gallisers are blocked up with orders for new public loos.
- : Following new legislation in Gallisers, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- : Gallisers was endorsed by The Federation of Romanoddle Republic.
- : Gallisers voted for the World Assembly Resolution "International Scientific Cooperation".
- : Following new legislation in Gallisers, schoolchildren learn an R-rated version of "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes".
- : Following new legislation in Gallisers, Max Barry is this year's Miss Gallisers.
- : Gallisers was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Gallisers, school plays were recently banned due to concerns of child endangerment.
Endorsements Received: 68 » Dravida India, Wiranath, Layngderfleethe, Debluu, VW53Aland, Dragons Blood, Oofery, Axdel, Brotherland, A mean old man, BearStackof2015, Eastern Alksearia, Modra, The Three States of Fortuna, Coruh, Dannemarie, Spiruvania, Veterans Association, From New World, New Leganes, Aquyia, Aivintis, Hizuru, Kangarawa, In Insulam Autem Sanguis Et Magia, Formaro, Stellar Colonies, Drunken Seal Islands, Grossvietnam, Auslivia, The Almighty Country, The Empire of Rijelv, Rainbow Vests, Lyontisia, Canadian Technocrats, Albrook, Empire of Dabiristan, Preat, East Malaysia, Arcadiam, Perah, Centrical Union, Enlil, Evrigenis, Agave, Mardom, Rhealaliit, Rikos Isles, Thurland, Pekweng, and 18 others.Roissyland, Nevertopia, Tassirion, Republic of Restaks, The Marlands, Merlovich, Chalan, The Wallenburgian World Assembly Offices, Nociav, Kingdom of Hapsteld, Isole Ionie, New Missoura, Jamitri, Ridann, New Sandsnionion, Money for ever, Kaldrbuth, and Romanoddle Republic.