The Interplanetary Republic of FSPR is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by The Proletariat with a fair hand, and remarkable for its compulsory military service, state-planned economy, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.011 billion Planetarians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Moskovia. The average income tax rate is 92.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Planetarian economy, worth 131 trillion Kromers a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. Average income is an impressive 129,771 Kromers, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Centuries-old marble buildings are being torn down and replaced with corrugated steel wind tunnels, The Proletariat's handshakes with opposition leaders usually lead to thumb wars, mandatory daycare is provided by the government, and children wondering what happens to pets after they die are shown where the compost heap is. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. FSPR's national animal is the Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in FSPR, children wondering what happens to pets after they die are shown where the compost heap is.
- : FSPR resigned from the World Assembly.
- : FSPR was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : FSPR was endorsed by The Prosperous Land of Kethania.
- : FSPR endorsed The People's Republic of 104 Partisans.
- : FSPR voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Safe Disposal of Nuclear Waste".
- : FSPR voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Confederacy of Layem".
- : FSPR endorsed The Celestial Dragon Empire of Halsoni.
- : FSPR was endorsed by The Celestial Dragon Empire of Halsoni.
- : FSPR endorsed The Prosperous Land of Kethania.