The Dreaming City of Fractethyst is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Sosu with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, compulsory military service, and ubiquitous missile silos. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 1.11 billion Fractals have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mriya. The average income tax rate is 71.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Fractal economy, worth 162 trillion Coins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized black market in Information Technology, Tourism, Retail, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 146,721 Coins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Intelligence analysts spend most of their time looking at embarrassing photos on social media sites, lawyers are ordering red ink and 'Cease and Desist' rubber stamps in preparation for the return of copyright law, the nation's spies are always on break time, and naval armadas borrow their formations from synchronized swimming handbooks. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Fractethyst's national animal is the Grey Catbird, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Fractethyst, naval armadas borrow their formations from synchronized swimming handbooks.
- : Following new legislation in Fractethyst, the nation's spies are always on break time.
- : Following new legislation in Fractethyst, lawyers are ordering red ink and 'Cease and Desist' rubber stamps in preparation for the return of copyright law.
- : Following new legislation in Fractethyst, intelligence analysts spend most of their time looking at embarrassing photos on social media sites.
- : Following new legislation in Fractethyst, frustrated teenage boys are told that if they like it then they should have put a ring on it.
- : Following new legislation in Fractethyst, every day has been a surprise since weather reporters turned to consulting ancient totems for their seven-day forecasts.
- : Following new legislation in Fractethyst, the standard police uniform now comes with several colours of belt.
- : Following new legislation in Fractethyst, the military has gone fission for more funding.
- : Fractethyst was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Rudest Citizens and Most Efficient Economies.
- : Following new legislation in Fractethyst, school history books often refer to Sosu as "that imperialist pig dog".
Endorsements Received: 98 » Faradova, The Soylent Green Party, Xanthorrhoea, Maconshinbernititte, The Galactic American Imperium, Grimmywelsh, The Democratic State Of Josora, Macrasetia, Samonaemia, Anollasia, Namakan, Dustwind, The Republic of Western Sol, Krystalveil, Generic Country Name That Is Available, Dovant, Medetas, Lower Phlebacite, Tzo, Swag Chief Bubba Estate, Mastodonia, Farno, Colonel Terrosit, Holma, Evertopia, Better Indonesia, Reformed Imperis, Alski, Austral Imperium, Aquileal, Katitania, Blogotopia, Reich do Brasil, Anime Lovely, Liberdon, AliEN A, Free Land of Rebellium, Aquachromia, Sebbu2, Hashari Darussalam, Airday, Herfenzir, Zeklandia, Tusenadingia Norgenadingasianglen, Murphtannia, The Snake Brotherhood, Union of Socialist Irish Republics, Slaytania, The Republic of Osea, Kanycta, and 48 others.Cynpeon, Frasal, Zeganas, Kaprein, Houbur, Killettland, Brandenbourg-Anhalt, Ilfarasia, Vivolkha, Bavhia, Solsevara, Panbenzekar, Volsordia, New Frysland, Franconia and Bavaria, Karandanak, Treeford, Donnee, Telseria, Siti Onahil, Kungur, Tausend Seen, Danyl, Greater Theowherveld, Markanite, Saint Nations, Attoree, Seranis, Jaegerpondonia, New Dracora, Chip Skylark, Wysrod, Rog Mily, United Wese Godallistedern, Old Atlantica, Kobomania, Blagoewgrad, Frabe, Strigberg, Arnefol, Dolorado, QuazaFire, Vayshnoriya Islands, Lisokyo, Clialaad, United Kolance, Syedians, and Verbool.