The People's Republic of Ferte is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its avant-garde cinema, complete lack of prisons, and digital currency. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.297 billion Ferteans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Villalobos. The average income tax rate is 92.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Fertean economy, worth 719 trillion Golds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 114,272 Golds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Lawyers spend as much time preparing their make-up as they do their briefs, terrorists are on a first name basis with the officials that stamp their passports, the government takes agricultural advice from a wasp-themed superhero, and cinemas play art-house movies to ever-shrinking audiences as film critics rule the industry. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ferte's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is nonexistent.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ferte was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Free Las Pinas.
- : Ferte was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments and the Top 10% for Safest.
- : Ferte was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Thedairos.
- : Following new legislation in Ferte, cinemas play art-house movies to ever-shrinking audiences as film critics rule the industry.
- : Following new legislation in Ferte, the government takes agricultural advice from a wasp-themed superhero.
- : Following new legislation in Ferte, terrorists are on a first name basis with the officials that stamp their passports.
- : Ferte endorsed The Democratic States of Bortheria.
- : Ferte was endorsed by The Democratic States of Bortheria.
- : Ferte was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Lisokyo.
- : Following new legislation in Ferte, lawyers spend as much time preparing their make-up as they do their briefs.
Endorsements Received: 111 » Old Atlantica, Future of Mankind, Stroulia, Slaytania, Chip Skylark, Lamborghini Murcielago, Zeganas, Better Indonesia, Zyrcrestia, Anollasia, Coreras, The Soylent Green Party, The Parandeam, Isentran, Dustwind, Seantonia, Maalemzya, Aspistania, Leirkra, Finswedeway, Wysrod, Karlando, New Fania, Echocrimsonia, Kuriko, Ignis Cinere, Achiotopia, Oyste, Kebecois, Evonidiche, Juiulia, Seranis, Vivolkha, Lower Phlebacite, Gewisse, Kingdom of New Berlin, Tzo, Elwana, Dovant, Palman, Tapperhed, Republic of Nutella, Testa, Iontan, Creeptopia, Northern Nivaria, Northern African Sahara, Offden, Spncrgmn, Kyrizstanislav, and 61 others.Ironica Butterfly, Novegia, Libertaritaritaritaria, New Dracora, PYT, Grimmywelsh, Cape Vessey, Grungerock, Zopciria, Brandenbourg-Anhalt, Anisopterra, Colonel Terrosit, QuazaFire, Serlone, Free Land of Rebellium, Constantinolia, Valentian Elysium, Graemania, Yakkandiania, Ascended Union, Decent Humans, Krystalveil, Rahatalia, Airday, Randopian, Neojinkotsu, Ao Kuang, Johnne Green, The Republic of Osea, Chocolate Coookies, Greenmont Federation, Vill Send, Alen-roshh, Medetas, Drewish, Solarampa, Snakeden, AciaciaMont, Histerrion, Itic, Evertopia, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Ehrgeizig, Leprechaun Gold, Republic of Karskarovyt, Armatha, Great Ranges, Ria Reavi, Recon Island, Calrad, Xemja, Kachikawawa, Waitiki, United North American Islands, Liberdon, Namakan, Islands of Czechia, Bailsland, Lisokyo, Bortheria, and Free Las Pinas.