The Kingdom of Evansa is a huge, safe nation, notable for its keen interest in outer space, ban on automobiles, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate population of 427 million Evansans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Johannstantinople. The average income tax rate is 42.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Evansan economy, worth 30.0 trillion Espereys a year, is dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Cheese Exports, Trout Farming, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 70,264 Espereys, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Dealers go from pushing drugs to pushing up daisies, most households' childcare costs are higher than their mortgage payments, it turns out that you actually can put a price on intangible cultural heritage, and mining safety laws are often more expensive than what's being mined. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Evansa's national animal is the Red-Tailed Hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Evansa lodged a message on the The Great Experiment Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Evansa, mining safety laws are often more expensive than what's being mined.
- : Following new legislation in Evansa, it turns out that you actually can put a price on intangible cultural heritage.
- : Evansa endorsed The Republic of Scalizagasti.
- : Evansa withdrew its endorsement from The Republic of Scalizagasti.
- : Evansa withdrew its endorsement from The Dictatorship of Lexthoria.
- : Following new legislation in Evansa, most households' childcare costs are higher than their mortgage payments.
- : Evansa endorsed The Federal Collective of Zergadnkastan.
- : Evansa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Average.
- : Following new legislation in Evansa, dealers go from pushing drugs to pushing up daisies.