The Borderlands of Ergandia is a huge, genial nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, national health service, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 300 million Ergandians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sanctuary City. The average income tax rate is 35.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Ergandian economy, worth 20.1 trillion BorderDollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Basket Weaving, and Trout Farming. Average income is 66,841 BorderDollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Being dead no longer has any benefits, the "daily grind" consists of levelling up in tedious video games, incarcerated crime lords manage their empires from massage tables, and Rupert Bear is considered to be the most risqué TV programme in Ergandia. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Ergandia's national animal is the Skag, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ergandia was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Ergandia endorsed The Democratic States of Bortheria.
- : Following new legislation in Ergandia, Rupert Bear is considered to be the most risqué TV programme in Ergandia.
- : Following new legislation in Ergandia, incarcerated crime lords manage their empires from massage tables.
- : Following new legislation in Ergandia, the "daily grind" consists of levelling up in tedious video games.
- : Following new legislation in Ergandia, being dead no longer has any benefits.
- : Following new legislation in Ergandia, jabbing a baby's bottle at officials gets parents waved straight through immigration.
- : Ergandia was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- : Ergandia was endorsed by The Democratic States of Bortheria.
- : Ergandia's influence in 10000 Islands rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
Endorsements Received: 28 » Wysrod, Kuriko, Valentian Elysium, Ignis Cinere, Northern Nivaria, Krystalveil, Histerrion, The Soylent Green Party, Itic, Republic of Nutella, Evertopia, Old Atlantica, Republic of Karskarovyt, Ascended Union, Thinking Logically and Critically, Chicken-Leg, Ehrgeizig, Tamsalin, New Fania, Dustwind, Anisopterra, The Republic of Osea, Kachikawawa, Waitiki, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Xemja, Lisokyo, and Bortheria.