The Allied States of Erenonde is a huge, safe nation, notable for its state-planned economy, pith helmet sales, and public floggings. The compassionate, democratic population of 419 million Erenondeans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tarenham. The average income tax rate is 86.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Erenondean economy, worth 26.8 trillion florins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 63,972 florins, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Destitute athletes are forced to train in the street, buses are widely regarded as the safest way to travel, surveillance cameras are banned, and the best way to be heard in politics is to speak softly and carry a big comedy prop. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Erenonde's national animal is the hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Erenonde was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest and Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Following new legislation in Erenonde, the best way to be heard in politics is to speak softly and carry a big comedy prop.
- : Erenonde was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Erenonde, surveillance cameras are banned.
- : Following new legislation in Erenonde, buses are widely regarded as the safest way to travel.
- : Erenonde was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Following new legislation in Erenonde, destitute athletes are forced to train in the street.
- : Following new legislation in Erenonde, the nation's navy has been named the scourge of the seven thousand seas.
- : Following new legislation in Erenonde, a surprising number of police officers have been arrested for hawk sacrifices.
- : Following new legislation in Erenonde, the importance of winning Olympic gold medals is indoctrinated from an early age.
Endorsements Received: 17 » Kuriko, Anisopterra, Carbo Nation, The Soylent Green Party, Wysrod, Evertopia, Dustwind, Ascended Union, Northern Nivaria, Waitiki, The Mayonopia, Valentian Elysium, Kachikawawa, The Republic of Osea, Ignis Cinere, New CHOP, and Bortheria.