The Free Eutopia of Equal and United Scientists is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its state-planned economy, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.685 billion Scientists enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Scitopia. The average income tax rate is 78.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Scientific economy, worth 62.2 trillion unios a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Uranium Mining. Average income is 23,166 unios, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
NPCs in MMORPGs regularly interrupt cutscenes with OOC reminders that they aren't real people, children's bedrooms are often decorated with posters of successful accountants, election ballot papers are so long that unused ones are recycled as toilet roll, and the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Equal and United Scientists's national animal is the octopus, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is none.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Equal and United Scientists was endorsed by The Republic of Antwerpen1.
- : Equal and United Scientists was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements and the Top 10% for Best Weather.
- : Equal and United Scientists was endorsed by The Kingdom of Shadeth.
- : Equal and United Scientists was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Eae.
- : Equal and United Scientists was endorsed by The Republic of Democratic Chanum Ter Heak.
- : Equal and United Scientists was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Equal and United Scientists changed its national faith to "none".
- : Equal and United Scientists changed its national faith to "None".
- : Following new legislation in Equal and United Scientists, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one.
- : Following new legislation in Equal and United Scientists, election ballot papers are so long that unused ones are recycled as toilet roll.
Endorsements Received: 85 » Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Corgitopiaa, Holota, Shuckle Empire, Aidenfieeld, Wehraboos, Beblahbleblo, Andinla, Concrete Slab, Amerion, Yaravia, Bawkie, Nowa Europa, Land Without Shrimp, Bleakfoot, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Westenhald, Holy Free, Tepertopia, Indolos, Anatasha, New Sanet, Tsunamy, Drew Durrnil, Kringalia, The naked people, Hanguk-Nippon, PenguinPies, Darakin, Ebonhand, Auphelia, New American Dictatorship, Arvan Irawer, Aurcania, Farengeto, Gonrati, Shefino, Nori Natto, Flaksis, Ambirich, Immund, Cereskia 2, The Haughtherlands, Venezia Pacifica, Arscanesia, Doundaly, Rebel-topia, Sandaoguo, Achemar, Stephastan, and 35 others.Kanatian Percocet, Respackjakenrhace, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Drvonia, Rectionk, Chernaya Zvezda, Sou Avida, Eltrora, Eleuthelrium, Elora Nation, Willing Mind, Ever Testing, Erstavik, Makinius, Volaworand, Mavenu, Donat Invadia, Doge Land, Damn Frigid Wastelands, Zataras, Ipugao, Kiani, Esterwood, South Pernambuco, Leimarite Empire, Froshar, Saint Roberts, Great Lothian, Tyrantistica, Comfed, TescoPepsi, Democratic Chanum Ter Heak, Eae, Shadeth, and Antwerpen1.