The Republic of Eppur is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its otherworldly petting zoo, free-roaming dinosaurs, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 378 million Eppurians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Istanbul. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 29.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Eppurian economy, worth 44.9 trillion Dinars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 118,876 Dinars, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 386,060 per year while the poor average 27,599, a ratio of 14.0 to 1.
One-stop superstores divide and conquer family businesses, 'To Regulate And Beyond' is the unofficial motto of the Eppurian Space Agency, the government sends submarines to retrieve bodies from shipwrecked submarines, and employers may fire workers without giving any reason. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Eppur's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Eppur was endorsed by The Federation of Drewish.
- : Eppur voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : Following new legislation in Eppur, employers may fire workers without giving any reason.
- : Following new legislation in Eppur, the government sends submarines to retrieve bodies from shipwrecked submarines.
- : Following new legislation in Eppur, 'To Regulate And Beyond' is the unofficial motto of the Eppurian Space Agency.
- : Following new legislation in Eppur, one-stop superstores divide and conquer family businesses.
- : Following new legislation in Eppur, employers are never quite sure if graduates' qualifications have any merit or meaning.
- : Following new legislation in Eppur, dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws.
- : Following new legislation in Eppur, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.
- : Following new legislation in Eppur, agricultural employees work for peanuts.
Endorsements Received: 42 » Tamsalin, The Soylent Green Party, Randopian, Krystalveil, Kuriko, Wysrod, New Fania, The Republic of Osea, Arctic Coalition, Ehrgeizig, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Northern Nivaria, Evertopia, Leprechaun Gold, Free Land of Malopolska, Valentian Elysium, Dustwind, Generic Country Name That Is Available, Liberdon, AciaciaMont, Anisopterra, Namakan, Echocrimsonia, Auroma, Kachikawawa, Waitiki, Brandenbourg-Anhalt, Point Comfort Colony, The Galactic RepubIlic, Xemja, Ignis Cinere, Republic of Karskarovyt, Greenmont Federation, Isentran, Setealem, Zeganas, Swag Chief Bubba Estate, Republic of Nutella, Nemohsis, Bortheria, Grimmywelsh, and Drewish.