|Leader||General Secretary Constantine Martin|
The United Communist States of Elizbastan is a massive, safe nation, ruled by General Secretary Constantine Martin with an iron fist, and renowned for its frequent executions, punitive income tax rates, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 1.584 billion Elizbastanians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Industry, and Education also on the agenda, while International Aid and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nilatsgrad. The average income tax rate is 90.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Elizbastanian economy, worth 279 trillion Elizbastan Rubles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, fairly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 176,463 Elizbastan Rubles, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation won three wars against Brancaland this weekend, politicians take citizens for idiots, court cases mostly involve lawyers shouting questions at witnesses giving silent shrugs, and nerdy teenagers have to prove that they're made of the same stuff as their grandparents. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Elizbastan's national animal is the Orca, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Orthodox Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Elizbastan, nerdy teenagers have to prove that they're made of the same stuff as their grandparents.
- : Following new legislation in Elizbastan, court cases mostly involve lawyers shouting questions at witnesses giving silent shrugs.
- : Following new legislation in Elizbastan, politicians take citizens for idiots.
- : Elizbastan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Realm of the Whispering Winds".
- : Following new legislation in Elizbastan, the nation won three wars against Brancaland this weekend.
- : Elizbastan was reclassified from "Corrupt Dictatorship" to "Psychotic Dictatorship".
- : Following new legislation in Elizbastan, millions of simultaneously backfiring toilets have flooded Nilatsgrad with effluent.
- : Following new legislation in Elizbastan, the government supplies ragtag bands of resistance fighters in exchange for vague promises of future payment.
- : Following new legislation in Elizbastan, the army's use of chemical weapons leaves a bad taste in the mouth.
- : Elizbastan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Authoritarian and Largest Mining Sector.