The Republic of Elder Realms is a massive, efficient nation, notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, punitive income tax rates, and suspicion of poets. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.863 billion Elder Realmsians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, with Healthcare, Administration, and Environment also on the agenda, while Defense and Spirituality are ignored. The average income tax rate is 66.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Elder Realmsian economy, worth 224 trillion dollars a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Pizza Delivery, Soda Sales, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 78,341 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Cosmopolitan citizens ask what their countries can do for them, things are looking up for patients accidentally prescribed erectile dysfunction medication, Elder Realmsian husbands are dead good at fathering kids, and corporate lawyers are joyfully combing through the new tax code for any new loopholes for their clients. Crime is totally unknown. Elder Realms's national animal is the cobra, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Elder Realms's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Elder Realms's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Elder Realms's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Elder Realms was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Influential and the Top 5% for Least Corrupt Governments, Most Rebellious Youth, Most Cheerful Citizens, and Nicest Citizens.
- : Elder Realms's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Elder Realms was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Elder Realms was refounded in Osiris.
- : Elder Realms ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Elder Realms's influence in The North Pacific fell from "Page" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Elder Realms was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.