The Dictatorship of El Vangardia is a very large, safe nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service and irreverence towards religion. The cynical population of 166 million El Vangardians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 32.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The El Vangardian economy, worth 7.48 trillion Kores a year, is dominated by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Furniture Restoration, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 45,037 Kores, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The El Vangardian delegation to the World Assembly is having a hard time convincing people that international law will "pay for itself somehow...", the wearing and manufacture of fur apparel is banned, mining safety laws are often more expensive than what's being mined, and police officers that upset their bosses get assigned to 24 hour stakeouts of bike sheds. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. El Vangardia's national animal is the Anglerfish .
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : El Vangardia was endorsed by The Cayon Democratic Republic of Altnavia.
- : El Vangardia was endorsed by The Dominion of MaPetiteFille.
- : El Vangardia was endorsed by The Wood pigeon realm of TescoPepsi.
- : El Vangardia was endorsed by The Local Councilcratic Republic of Evinea.
- : El Vangardia was endorsed by The Very Tired of Holy Free.
- : El Vangardia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : El Vangardia was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Dakalian.
- : El Vangardia was endorsed by The Empire of Baron Ungern and Tzar Nicholas.
- : Following new legislation in El Vangardia, police officers that upset their bosses get assigned to 24 hour stakeouts of bike sheds.
- : Following new legislation in El Vangardia, mining safety laws are often more expensive than what's being mined.
Endorsements Received: 50 » Amerion, Yaravia, Corgitopiaa, Esterwood, Beblahbleblo, Holota, Chernaya Zvezda, Bawkie, Ever Testing, Abarri, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Land Without Shrimp, Asderst, Eleuthelrium, Nowa Europa, Driodal, Arscanesia, ARIAPOLIS01, Tepertopia, Aidenfieeld, PenguinPies, Wehraboos, Ebonhand, Dupanda, Taigama, Omalayia, Bonobiana, Great Lothian, Antwerpen1, Farengeto, Kringalia, Gennaretia, Rhetiaa, Petea, Eggraria, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Willing Mind, South Pacifican Kilendjj, Sureiya, Curlyhoward, Nouvel Empire, Winlah, Blondiesland, Baron Ungern and Tzar Nicholas, Dakalian, Holy Free, Evinea, TescoPepsi, MaPetiteFille, and Altnavia.