The Republic of Edith is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its smutty television, prohibition of alcohol, and anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 731 million Edithans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Environment. The average income tax rate is 56.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Edithan economy, worth 27.8 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Cheese Exports, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 37,964 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, elderly citizens regularly buy posh multimillion-dollar mansions, and it is illegal to distribute Girl Guide Cookies without an advanced food hygiene diploma. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Edith's national animal is the butterfly, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Edith resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Edith was endorsed by The Kingdom of Test for a new hope.
- : Edith was endorsed by The Borderlands of North Altatude.
- : Edith was endorsed by The United States of Conservadoria.
- : Edith was endorsed by The Republic of Vernest Quill.
- : Edith was endorsed by The Borderlands of Helia Geopes.
- : Edith was endorsed by The You're Adopted of Loli County.
- : Edith was endorsed by The American Insurgency of Former English Colony.
- : Edith was endorsed by The Second Resurrection of Noahs Second Country.
- : Edith was endorsed by The Holy Inseparable Regalia of Castle Federation.