The Incorporated States of Eastern Hermopolis is a huge, cultured nation, renowned for its deadly medical pandemics, absence of drug laws, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 415 million Eastern Hermopolisians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The minute, pro-business government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Education, although Industry, Social Policy, and Spirituality are also considered important, while International Aid and Welfare aren't funded at all. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3.5%.
The powerhouse Eastern Hermopolisian economy, worth 45.4 trillion bitcoins a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Soda Sales, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 109,425 bitcoins, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 754,699 per year while the poor average 5,625, a ratio of 134 to 1.
Farm turkeys are given high doses of antidepressants to take their minds off the holiday season, people can't decide between preserving forests and buying print copies of 'Dogman Versus The Giggler', teachers regularly paddle unruly students, and Mr Happy's Funland has just been named Eastern Hermopolis's new capital. Crime is a major problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Eastern Hermopolis's national animal is the crocodile, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Eastern Hermopolis's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Eastern Hermopolis's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Eastern Hermopolis was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Following new legislation in Eastern Hermopolis, Mr Happy's Funland has just been named Eastern Hermopolis's new capital.
- : Eastern Hermopolis's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Eastern Hermopolis was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden, the Top 5% for Most Armed, and the Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- : Following new legislation in Eastern Hermopolis, teachers regularly paddle unruly students.
- : Eastern Hermopolis was refounded in Balder.
- : Eastern Hermopolis ceased to exist in Thalassia.
- : Eastern Hermopolis was endorsed by The Thalassian Vice-Delegate of Ayeinc.